Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Permabanned
Oh nice, Michael Emerson. Haven't seen him in anything since Lost.

Walton Goggins ghoul looks better than I thought it would.

I wasn't familiar with the name until now as I just recognised him from The Hateful Eight. Thought he was a masterclass in that. They all were.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea, but I don't think it really matters here at all.

Maybe they will have learnt and offer up some character flaws.

Didn't see a pip-boy in the trailer unless I missed it.
I'm just not sure it's believable a 90 pound woman surviving in a post apocalyptic setting like that.

Hopefully they'll try and make it semi believable with her needing help from various factions.

But knowing modern agenda in these things, she'll be an all powerful Mary Sue :(

Caporegime
I'm just not sure it's believable a 90 pound woman surviving in a post apocalyptic setting like that.
*Sigh*

Have you played Fallout? Nothing about it is believable. You can fire mini nukes from a gun!

Trailer looks good, not sure about Nolan though as WestWorld season 1 was so good and then the series gradually got worse and worse.

Last edited:
Soldato
Another strong female lead
I have no problem with female leads in general but Hollywood has been making a proper hash of them the last few years. I was watching Loki last night and the two female leads seemed to be in a competition to see who could be the more unlikable. West World basically died on the utter un-like-ability of its female leads.

So please can we have a female lead we actually can like and root for.

Soldato
I have no problem with female leads in general but Hollywood has been making a proper hash of them the last few years. I was watching Loki last night and the two female leads seemed to be in a competition to see who could be the more unlikable. West World basically died on the utter un-like-ability of its female leads.

So please can we have a female lead we actually can like and root for.

I have absolutely no problem with strong female characters if they are done right.

Look at Ripley and Sarah Connor etc.

Caporegime

Hopefully they'll try and make it semi believable with her needing help from various factions.

But knowing modern agenda in these things, she'll be an all powerful Mary Sue :(
We can literally make scrawny lady characters in the games and they still blow up the Enclave.

Soldato

I mean you can play as a female in both FO3 and 4. So wtf does it matter?

Permabanned
Wow we got to page 3 before people started complaining about women, new record.

And it deserves to be called out. A lone individual ventures out of the vault into the perilous wastelands, filled with bandits and other dangerous nasties and oh look, a young pretty woman emerges.

Couldn't find anyone else right?

Also note the men standing waaaaay behind her hiding from the sunlight nervous as cats, while she braves it full front branding her cut lip, all the while reminding us of the comfortable life she's lived. So brave. So strong. Nice touch as well with the wailing man crying her name. Scored some extra brownie points with that one.

I have absolutely no problem with strong female characters if they are done right.

Look at Ripley and Sarah Connor etc.

Which are pushing 40 years now. Says a lot. Suppose there's some others like Kill Bill which is only 20 years lol.

I agree though, but these characters are from a bygone era that will never be resurrected whilst this daft persona persists in female leads.

Last edited:
Caporegime
And it deserves to be called out. A lone individual ventures out of the vault into the perilous wastelands, filled with bandits and other dangerous nasties and oh look, a young pretty woman emerges.

Couldn't find anyone else right?

Also note the men standing waaaaay behind her hiding from the sunlight nervous as cats, while she braves it full front branding her cut lip, all the while reminding us of the comfortable life she's lived. So brave. So strong. Nice touch as well with the wailing man crying her name. Scored some extra brownie points with that one.
Is this a serious post?

I watch the trailer and see a new TV character leaving a vault, very much like it happened in the game.

I didn't even look at the positions of all the men relative to her.

Probably why I just get on with trying to enjoy entertainment and don't have all these weird hangups about female characters.

Back
Top Bottom