Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Soldato
Aye, the 50's theme is basically what the 'future' would look like in all the old infomercials from that time, which is why you have a retro futuristic look to everything.

Associate
Finished this last night with the missus.we both loved it and what a great last episode...still thinking about it today.

Soldato
Quite enjoyed watching this over the last week with better half, just series one finale left.

However, for me as someone who hasn't played the game (while my better half has played them all I think), details were a bit lacking in parts.

Commissario
Aye, the 50's theme is basically what the 'future' would look like in all the old infomercials from that time, which is why you have a retro futuristic look to everything.
I'm really not sure how anyone missed that bit.

Fallout cribbed from all the world fairs and "world of tomorrow" articles and shows from the mid 40's through to the early 60's.
Pretty much every bit of tech in fallout except some weapons is loosely (or closely) based on at least one or more classic bit of proejction about the future, from the TV's, to the cars, to the robot assistants and the fact that everything that was power hungry had a fusion cell (IIRC GM was talking about nuclear powered cars by the end of the 40's).

Soldato
I'm just glad this doesn't have the sea of "It's popular, so Imma hate on it" peeps, the vast majority of people have enjoyed it.

Because it was a good show that stuck fairly well to the source material.

The protagonist had a good character arc that avoided a lot of the eyeball inducing tropes female protagonists often end up with in contemporary TV shows and movies. (Obviously the story of the naive yoing person who goes on a dangerous journey, faces adversity and near death and comes out wiser and tougher is itself an very old story device)

Yes the 'Fallout' universe itself is rather weird/ unbelievable in places but the characters were largely consistent and believable 'within' the universe.

The only thing I would like to have seen is more of the unique animals/ characters associated with the universe (Supermutants, maybe a death claw etc). Although time and budgetary constraints obviously limit what they could include in a first series.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom