Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The lad apparently is so bad that people love to revisit the thread and bash him at every chance they can get :cry:

I recon the director and casting people must be even worse for not seeing what you guys are. Or maybe that is just how his character is supposed to be? :p

Caporegime
The Brotherhood aren't the good guys, though they did a good thing in Fallout 3. I don't think they were portrayed as being particularly good in this either.

Moldaver turned out to be the character trying to do the most good, even though they infiltrated Vault 33 and ended up killing lots of innocents.

They kept things with Maximus deliberately ambiguous, so we weren't sure if he was a complete **** or not - Like the
blade in the boot and leaving it up-in-the air if he actually killed Knight Titus

I'm not saying he was my favourite character, but I didn't dislike the portrayal. Ella Purnell and Walton Goggins were more interesting though.

That is the problem for me at least. The Brotherhood were seen as the good guys in 3 that when I played Vegas and 4 I always sided with them in the quest line as it seemed the right thing to do. Paladin Danse was my go to companion and seems like a person of morals whereas the BOS we see in the series is more like Starship troppers.

Replaying 4 now and the way they protray the brotherhood as some sort of cult and the way they treat their subordinates just seemed a little wrong. Maybe they have just lost their way since Fallout 4.

Caporegime
I absolutely hate crap actors to the point where I won't continue to watch a show if they're one of the main characters and he wasn't bad enough for that to happen here.

His character is emotionally stunted, lacks even the most basic knowledge about things like sex or his own body, was raised in a cult, was bullied every day by the only people he knows and had no contact with the outside world.

Last edited:
Soldato
Never seen the guy elsewhere. Is he like that in his other roles? Why cast him? Not like there are a lack of alternatives? Or did he sleep with the director/producer? :cry:
No idea, haven't seen him before. Maybe he was the best of the bunch? There are more bad actors out there than good ones for a start, especially when they are certain factors that will drag the thread off topic.

Caporegime
His character is emotionally stunted, lacks even the most basic knowledge about things like sex or his own body, was raised in a cult, was bullied every day by the only people he knows and had no contact with the outside world.
Agreed. I don't think he's meant to be a particularly 'likeable' character which is confusing some people. I feel like he played the written character pretty well.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No idea, haven't seen him before. Maybe he was the best of the bunch? There are more bad actors out there than good ones for a start, especially when they are certain factors that will drag the thread off topic.

I just think that is how the role is written and expected to be performed. How the hell does the director miss that otherwise? Unless he shagged him/her/it for the role? :p

Soldato
I thought the series was alright, but that it was helped by low expectations.
At times it was getting a bit tiring with cutting back and forth between past and present. I guess the way they were telling the story, they didn't really have a choice.

I'd say a 7 out of 10 for the series as a whole. The best aspect of the whole season, is the renewed push I now have to play the first game.
Downloaded it and the Fixt mod today.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Agreed. I don't think he's meant to be a particularly 'likeable' character which is confusing some people. I feel like he played the written character pretty well.
I agree thinking about, Thaddeus was also an immature/man-baby, even Titus was a bit of a loser in reality (all bravado and aggro due to being a knight and having a suit). They are products of their environments.

Soldato
I finished this last night. I thought it was good, not great. It didn’t seem overly cohesive at times and the editing was a little off.

Lucy stood in awkward silence for an incredibly long period of time in that finale too :cry:

Associate
That is the problem for me at least. The Brotherhood were seen as the good guys in 3 that when I played Vegas and 4 I always sided with them in the quest line as it seemed the right thing to do. Paladin Danse was my go to companion and seems like a person of morals whereas the BOS we see in the series is more like Starship troppers.

Replaying 4 now and the way they protray the brotherhood as some sort of cult and the way they treat their subordinates just seemed a little wrong. Maybe they have just lost their way since Fallout 4.
The Brotherhood is canonically comprised of several chapters, each with its ideologies. In Fallout 3, the Outcasts are the "real Brotherhood". They left the chapter led by Lyons because they felt Lyons's leadership was against the core ideology of the BoS. In Fallout 4, I believe Maxson convinced the Outcasts to rejoin the Lyons chapter before arriving in the Commonwealth. This is why they behave more like a traditional BoS chapter, techno fetishists, but still care for the people. It is annoying that they're so inconsistent; it seems like Bethesda's writers don't know what direction to take the lore in.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Finished this last night,

Really enjoyed it, can't wait till series 2 and watch out for how much of a heartless murdering nutjob she becomes. It has the making of a classic series, lots of bad actors and none of them nice (apart from the nice vault)

Man of Honour

Nice!! I'm sure Fallout 4 Next Gen will get some new users too
It's quite funny. At launch Steam shows ~33k simultaneous players. That dropped in a month to about 15k and stayed around that level until the series came out and then a few days later - 73k... :D Now dropped to ~50k

Caporegime
Just finished it, great show.

I don’t pay any extra other than default prime, didn’t have a single advert
I had 2 adverts before about 3 of the 8 episodes. They lasted less than 30 seconds in total.

None mid-way through or anything like that.

For the amount of time I watch Prime (about 3-4 times a year) it's not worth me worrying about.

Reactions: TNA
Back
Top Bottom