family drama - told off sister for being lazy..

Soldato
Once lockdown is over, you need to go over to her house and similarly expect to be waited on hand and foot while you sit on you arse faffing about with waste of time phone games.

If that doesn't work, then plonk dirty dishes down in front of her with a "feel free to help" comment. The kids can go play outside and not mess up your house, playing in the rain and cold is character-building. Your house your rules. She's getting away with it because nobody is calling her on it.

EDIT: Don't expect mum to help. The instant you were both gone from her house was when the childhood referee whistle got retired.

Man of Honour
Ignoring the obvious issue about lockdown breaches, it's not that uncommon for people to sit around when visiting others houses rather than doing the chores.
Usually the way it works is, you say "anything I can do to help?", the host says "No thanks, I know where everything lives" (otherwise they have to spend half their time explaining which segment of which drawer to put the cutlery in) and that's the end of it.
My wife will go to my dad's house and sometimes sit in the living room or whatever with the kids.

Caporegime
They don't actually know why. They're wondering if there's a genetic predisposition to activating the ACE II receptors which the virus uses to cause most of the damage in the body.

They wondered if it was socioeconomic but a lot of brown doctors are dying. They're wondering if it's because there's a higher incidence of heart disease and diabetes (diabetes + covid + male = bad). But they have not done studies on the history of the people dying. It would be useful if they got the background of the doctors who died to see if they had diabetes, etc, but they haven't. But some of them were quite young so it's debatable.

Well it’s unlikely one single thing, multigenerational housing, larger households is an obvious one in terms of infection risk.

Vitamin D deficiency is possibly another risk once infected.

Higher prevalence of certian conditions as you’ve mentioned. In some populations higher obesity rates etc..

Associate
OP
Ignoring the obvious issue about lockdown breaches, it's not that uncommon for people to sit around when visiting others houses rather than doing the chores.
Usually the way it works is, you say "anything I can do to help?", the host says "No thanks, I know where everything lives" (otherwise they have to spend half their time explaining which segment of which drawer to put the cutlery in) and that's the end of it.
My wife will go to my dad's house and sometimes sit in the living room or whatever with the kids.

visiting is one thing but coming in everyday to be waited on? and if she was a non-family/distant member/friend then it would be different. but to come here with her family and expect to be waited on...

Soldato
My sister is a bit like that. She takes the **** and then kicks off when questioned about it. Luckily my parents tell her to get lost :p

Man of Honour
They don't actually know why. They're wondering if there's a genetic predisposition to activating the ACE II receptors which the virus uses to cause most of the damage in the body.

They wondered if it was socioeconomic but a lot of brown doctors are dying. They're wondering if it's because there's a higher incidence of heart disease and diabetes (diabetes + covid + male = bad). But they have not done studies on the history of the people dying. It would be useful if they got the background of the doctors who died to see if they had diabetes, etc, but they haven't. But some of them were quite young so it's debatable.

I might be completely wrong but when it comes to doctors I wonder if coffee is a factor - from a poor reading of the science it looks to me like there is a window after a hot strong cup of coffee where ACE II expression spikes and along with related changes makes it easier for the virus and health workers pulling long and stressful hours are probably guzzling down the coffee. Again I might be very wrong as I only have a basic grasp of the various areas relevant to that.

Man of Honour
^^Sounds a bit ridiculous but the whole concept of having people with their own home round every day is a bit alien to me anyway (unless it is to provide care to eldery / disabled etc).

Shouldn't you be addressing the bigger issue here though before worrying about this, i.e. why is a household of 5 people living elsewhere coming round the house at all given it's been banned for about 7 weeks now? Surely someone has to stand up and call that out whether it be you, your wife, your mum, your sister or her husband, that's 5 adults and nobody is calling a stop to this?

Back
Top Bottom