• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

Soldato
OP
Has anyone gotten their AMD cd key for Far Cry 6? The AMD rewards website still says its not available despite the game out in less than 48 hours

Caporegime
Yup on the whole it looks good when not comparing to anything else.

The problem is when you do compare it to other games and also look at how FC 5 and new dawn still look... it doesn't look much, if any better on the whole compared to those 2 games. It has ray tracing but from the looks of it, it is only reflections and shadows so those are the only areas where things will look a decent bit better/somewhat nextgen like.

Caporegime
No, dont expect to get it till 7th. This is AMD we are talking about. Plus even if we did wouldnt play it straight away would wait for the patches.

Yup they (AMDRewards) were feckless with this type of thing at first, then everyone complained about not getting codes in time to pre-load so they got better. Now it seems they've gone back to being crap again, shocker.

Soldato
It (FSR) might reduce VRAM usage a little, but the textures will be swapped out for lower quality textures if the graphics card is lacking sufficient video memory. That or min FPS will take a hit a hit too.

Already user reports of this in the field.
ZKHdcwx.png
:mad:. I didn't expect 10GB of VRAM to become a problem so quickly.

Associate
I guess the Dunia engine is seriously starting to show its age!
It is interesting to see from the link above that a reviewer is reporting noticeable CPU performance issues, like he can barely maintain 60 FPS at 1440p on medium settings using an older I7-3930K CPU (6C/12T) with the RTX 3070.

very unbalenced system
It may well be. Until it isn't.

Or your hardware has no issues but that doesn't mean others won't.

I'll wait for the service packs to be released personally before I jump.

will give it a good year

there are already memory cache problems

Soldato
Or upgrade to a 3060TI?

Sorry, low blow. :p
3060 you mean :cry:. The 3060 TI only has 8GB. I got the 3080 FE at MSRP so I knew I was compromising but for a decent price. If I had paid scalper prices I'd be much more upset, instead I'm just annoyed.

Caporegime
3060 you mean :cry:. The 3060 TI only has 8GB. I got the 3080 FE at MSRP so I knew I was compromising but for a decent price. If I had paid scalper prices I'd be much more upset, instead I'm just annoyed.
Yep, I've already been corrected. My knowledge of the green GPUs is not the best tbf. :D

Soldato
Games that are meant to be played in HDR will ofc look flat in SDR. That's not how it's meant to be played. In fact even further back you had some pipeline changes to how games are made which meant that games looked off even when they were SDR-only like Far Cry Primal (couldn't add HDR in time), which would've benefitted tremendously from HDR. You just can't have lighting like this and have it look proper unless you have a decent HDR display. Heck, I tried F.I.S.T yesterday and that game just looked completely off as well without HDR (doesn't have it) but you can see it's almost meant to for how it's lit. Had to engage "fake HDR" on my TV in order to simulate the effect a bit and make it more tolerable. Truth is you just can't launch non-HDR games in 2021 and have them look right unless we're talking simplistic & cartoony graphics.

Back
Top Bottom