• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Far Cry 6 GPU performance not bad at all but is severely bottlenecked by CPU

Associate
Hah they finally fixed the issue on my 3080 Ti. Native 4k without FSR with HD Pack installed. No more blurry textures! This area would load the low res assets on the RPG every time I visited it as VRAM usage exceeded 11GB. No stuttering and with my 12700k locking the game to 99% GPU usage in every scene I can finally play the game as its meant to be played

far-cry-6.jpg

Caporegime
new topic content unlocked: ampere is oblirated by rdna 2 in halo infinite

lets go!
And Forza 5, and this. :cry:

That said, let's not go there and keep this on topic of Far Cry 6 please no need to antagonise. :)

@Shaz12 - Nice, so not a conspiracy (your initial words) after all since your stuttering issues were fixed by upgrading your CPU and the texture issues were fixed via updates.

You should roll back your display driver to the version used when the game launched to see if the 'fix' is just down to game updates, or whether there were updates at a driver level to address the issue too since, there were no texture issues using a 6700 XT with 12GB when using the HD Textures.

Caporegime
Well I hate to say but, once again:

5sPiXJR.gif

:cry: :p ;) :D

So after some playing there:

- performance is actually quite a bit better, frame latency is a smooth line with pretty much no hitches like before
- texture issues are "completely" gone with max settings on both 3440x1440 (don't use FSR at this res. as it's crap in this game) and 4k, however, upon starting the benchmark for 4k with no FSR, it starts at 1 fps so obviously vram being completely choked (which I didn't have before) but..... once FSR UQ is enabled, runs without issues and again, no texture issues at all. Not sure if just me but noticing a lot more RAM being used.

7iAbAWP.jpg

IuLp7cp.jpg

4nHkzBm.jpg

huNYcfb.jpg

G4RFLNd.png

pAA4okL.png

Short story - textures/perf pretty much a non issue now.

@TNA time to buy the game and see how your 3070 8GB holds up :p ;) :D I wonder if ubi will update their media footage/ads with the hd textures now...

So that's godfall, re village and now far cry 6 all debunked. What's next? :D

Caporegime
1 FPS sounds nice.
REhcbCP.gif

Truth be told Nexus, knowing you not sure I'd believe anything you post on this subject and game.
I bet the experience trying to run at 4K on your 3080 in Far Cry 6 would be outright horrible compared to a 6900 XT or a 3090 looking at your FPS numbers. :cry:

Associate
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
New patch for Far Cry 6. Title Update 3 Deploying December 7th (ubisoft.com)

I bolded the important part. Let us never forget the 'bug' that 'will be fixed.' :cry: @gpuerrilla

:cry::cry::cry: apparently not pebkac? although saying that gives some a conniption, seem to take it thick..

The one thing people been saying for ages on this thread, now its coming directly from a dev, bet that some people around here will still try to spin the fact that they simply lack VRAM on their GPUS and will blame everything except their GPU.

200.gif

Caporegime
The one thing people been saying for ages on this thread, now its coming directly from a dev, bet that some people around here will still try to spin the fact that they simply lack VRAM on their GPUS and will blame everything except their GPU.
Of course, but we know who they are and the majority here do. I say they, it's really not very many tbf. :p

Caporegime
1 FPS sounds nice.
REhcbCP.gif

Truth be told Nexus, knowing you not sure I'd believe anything you post on this subject and game.
I bet the experience trying to run at 4K on your 3080 in Far Cry 6 would be outright horrible compared to a 6900 XT or a 3090 looking at your FPS numbers. :cry:

Rich coming from the guy who works for AMD and creates benchmark threads disabling graphical features because it benefits the competitor more :cry: Not to forget, coming from the guy who posts nothing to back any of his claims up then puts people on ignore because they obliterate said arguments with actual "evidence" :cry:

Did I say 1 fps is nice? Nope. I'm pointing out facts unlike some..... Tell me, don't you use FSR despite having 16GB vram? Shall I go and dig up some posts.... Oh wait I also forgot, some of the godfall videos I posted are irrelevant because they had "motion blur turned off" :D

Also, given the cost of a 6900xt/3090 over a 3080, I would like to think they ran better and again, where am I disputing that?

And nah, it really isn't bad when gaming, the frame latency you see in those screenshots of mine is pretty much it 99.9% of the time, of course, if you don't believe me then that's not my issue, I've posted my update on the matter and shown plenty of screenshots of the issues I had with the low res. textures, seems like you forget, I've had far more amd cards than nvidia, tell me, have you ever had any nvidia cards? ;)

Lets keep an eye out for other peoples posts :)

EDIT:

Fingers in ears still happening, oh lordy....

Associate
While it’s running fine on my 3080 Ti right now, let us not forget they stated it was minimum 16GB of VRAM and only after a huge outcry and that 70 page thread over on the Ubisoft forum they back-pedalled and allowed the 12GB users to use the pack.

I still say the textures don’t look impressive enough to warrant this much vram usage and a 3080 should be able to use it. I am not seeing textures which are particularly improved over Cyberpunk or Metro Exodus.

I tried out Battlefield 2042 the other day and it was using around 9.5GB VRAM and textures looking better than FC6 without the pack installed. The stock textures should not be this bad.

Soldato
Hah they finally fixed the issue on my 3080 Ti. Native 4k without FSR with HD Pack installed. No more blurry textures! This area would load the low res assets on the RPG every time I visited it as VRAM usage exceeded 11GB. No stuttering and with my 12700k locking the game to 99% GPU usage in every scene I can finally play the game as its meant to be played

Glad your back playing it buddy! Unfortunately I completed it last night so will casually drop in for some guerrilla action and chaos ad-hoc! :)

Caporegime
Glad your back playing it buddy! Unfortunately I completed it last night so will casually drop in for some guerrilla action and chaos ad-hoc! :)

Well done on completing it 100% mate.
While it’s running fine on my 3080 Ti right now, let us not forget they stated it was minimum 16GB of VRAM and only after a huge outcry and that 70 page thread over on the Ubisoft forum they back-pedalled and allowed the 12GB users to use the pack.
Please do try what I suggested though above and see if the driver has anything to do with it. Am curious because it ran fine on a 6700 XT long before this patch and the ones before it and that also has 12GB.
Don't give @TNA and @Nexus18 that hope! ;):cry::cool:
Haha. I don't think TNA cares either way. :p

It's just fingers in ears Nexus singing his lonesome song as usual. :cry:

Soldato
Haha. I don't think TNA cares either way. :p
He wont after scalping selling the 3080 for triple near enough, would love it if he played it full texture and see if he was as negative when comparing it to the godlike CP. :D

It's just fingers in ears Nexus singing his lonesome song as usual. :cry:

Some things never change! ;)

Caporegime

There were/are 2 categories but unfortunately, certain people were/are ignoring category 2 and slumming everyone into category 1 despite various posts on the matter

1. People with =<10GB cards trying to play at 4k with no FSR and HD textures and complaining about perf. and textures not loading when clearly =<10GB is not enough
2. People who have =<10GB cards trying to play at any res., any settings etc. etc. and encountering texture issues no matter what

So far shaz and my texture issues are fixed completely now but it seems, some still doubt even that.... time will tell when more people give the patch a go :) It's rather amusing tbf, been proved wrong once again yet still ignoring it :cry:

I still say the textures don’t look impressive enough to warrant this much vram usage and a 3080 should be able to use it. I am not seeing textures which are particularly improved over Cyberpunk or Metro Exodus.

I tried out Battlefield 2042 the other day and it was using around 9.5GB VRAM and textures looking better than FC6 without the pack installed. The stock textures should not be this bad.

Surprised you haven't been hung for that comment!!!!! ;)

Stock textures are abysmal, HD ones are pretty good but compared to new dawn, they're really nothing "special" or worthy of such a high vram requirement. Seems to only be certain people with a certain bias/loyalty to one company and another person trying to justify his extra expensive purchase who are defending the game :D

Soldato
A quick play test and not seeing the low quality textures with HD Texture pack on which is a relief :p Did notice some flickering shadows on the beach with RT shadows on. Don't remember if they were there previously though. 4K, RT on and HD tex = too much for the 3080 still, RT off and FSR ultra = pretty good and will be great if the HD textures actually work now on the 10GB.

Caporegime
A quick play test and not seeing the low quality textures with HD Texture pack on which is a relief :p Did notice some flickering shadows on the beach with RT shadows on. Don't remember if they were there previously though. 4K, RT on and HD tex = too much for the 3080 still, RT off and FSR ultra = pretty good and will be great if the HD textures actually work now on the 10GB.

Seems like a couple of people are having that (shadows flickering) looking at nvidia reddit, can't say I have noticed it yet but I'm stuck in night time atm so might be more noticeable during day time (given that iirc, only the sun casts ray tracing shadows?)

How about max settings with RT and HD textures + FSR UQ @ 4k? Play fine and no texture issues?

EDIT:

My RAM usage is defo much higher now, before patch it was around 10GB..... Wonder if they are doing some caching to system RAM as a fix for the texture issue?

Soldato
Well I hate to say but, once again:

5sPiXJR.gif

:cry: :p ;) :D

So after some playing there:

- performance is actually quite a bit better, frame latency is a smooth line with pretty much no hitches like before
- texture issues are "completely" gone with max settings on both 3440x1440 (don't use FSR at this res. as it's crap in this game) and 4k, however, upon starting the benchmark for 4k with no FSR, it starts at 1 fps so obviously vram being completely choked (which I didn't have before) but..... once FSR UQ is enabled, runs without issues and again, no texture issues at all. Not sure if just me but noticing a lot more RAM being used.

7iAbAWP.jpg

IuLp7cp.jpg

4nHkzBm.jpg

huNYcfb.jpg

G4RFLNd.png

pAA4okL.png

Short story - textures/perf pretty much a non issue now.

@TNA time to buy the game and see how your 3070 8GB holds up :p ;) :D I wonder if ubi will update their media footage/ads with the hd textures now...

So that's godfall, re village and now far cry 6 all debunked. What's next? :D

I ran the benchmark myself just to see what I get. As I don't notice any FPS dips like that when driving around. I would have to concur with LtMatt. And do wonder if you are noticing stutters while driving with fps dipping to the sub 60 fps?

Back
Top Bottom