Faraday Pouch or Similar Key Protection - Any Recommendations?

Associate
Hi,

Are all faraday pouches or similar key protection containers much the same and worth bothering with?
Or, are there some brands recognised as better?

If they are worth using would anyone please be able to recommend a few decent brands?

Thx
Bintos

Associate
Don't buy cheap ones. The ones I bought stopped working after a while. For home use you might be alright with a biscuit tin or 2.

Associate
Ignore that. I take it back. Just went to see what brand, gave it a test and looks like just one is faulty. Came in 2s, maybe the lining tore on one with use or it was faulty?

Defender signal blocker red logo. 5yrs old still works

Man of Honour
Don't buy cheap ones. The ones I bought stopped working after a while. For home use you might be alright with a biscuit tin or 2.
Generally all the soft pouch style ones will probably stop working eventually as the lining gets worn taking the key in and out.

Associate
if you can actually find a open police station nip in and ask. my daughter got me 2 and herself 2 for nothing just by asking , they were promoting keeping keys safe.

Soldato
I put my key in a surf-lock when scuba diving. Just a 4 digit combo padlock really that holds a key inside, i fasten it to my car door handle. I just wrap the key in aluminium foil. Works a treat.

Soldato
I put my key in a surf-lock when scuba diving. Just a 4 digit combo padlock really that holds a key inside, i fasten it to my car door handle. I just wrap the key in aluminium foil. Works a treat.

I assume you don't like your car very much? It takes literally minutes to brute force those combination locks, assuming there isn't a bypass to open them even quicker. It would probably be more secure to just hide your key somewhere :(

Ignore that. I take it back. Just went to see what brand, gave it a test and looks like just one is faulty. Came in 2s, maybe the lining tore on one with use or it was faulty?

Defender signal blocker red logo. 5yrs old still works

I have a couple of defender ones - they work, but the one in daily use stopped after a few months (maybe because it was getting bent in my bag). To their credit, they did send out a couple of replacements really quickly when I messaged them.

Soldato
I assume you don't like your car very much? It takes literally minutes to brute force those combination locks, assuming there isn't a bypass to open them even quicker. It would probably be more secure to just hide your key somewhere :(

I have a couple of defender ones - they work, but the one in daily use stopped after a few months (maybe because it was getting bent in my bag). To their credit, they did send out a couple of replacements really quickly when I messaged them.

Same with those combination bike locks. I've seen someone open once just by hitting it with a hammer.

Back
Top Bottom