Farcry 6

Caporegime
Looking forward to giving this a blast tomorrow, I’ve played through every Far Cry game and enjoyed them all so expecting nothing less this time round.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Got this downloading for my Series S, was gonna wait but I'm a sucker for the Farcry games. Will get stuck into this tomorrow and give The Avengers a rest (don't laugh).

Same as above, I don't buy many games outside of gamepass, last game was Resi Evil 2 Remake and that was because it was on sale. So I treated myself to this.

Soldato
I've somewhat enjoyed most Farcrys though less with each iteration.
I don't like the direction it's going in, it's starting to remind me of how Saints row went more comical. Saw the rocket jet pack and instantly thought "nope".
Number two was the best of this style game.
I may one day pick it up from the bargain bin.

Caporegime
Played the first couple of hours and it's much of the same really, although the gunplay doesn't feel anywhere near as tight as other FC games to me. That real solid thump of guns just isn't there, at least not in the weapons ive unlocked.

Even the basic guns in FC5 for example felt really weighty and powerful, the starting AR in this is utter dross!

The crocodile is awesome though :)

Soldato
I got mine last night but as i wanted to play with a mate through coop i only played the introduction and then went for a wander round the first little island.. And i got crabs.. ;)

The look definitely reminds me of the original Farcry. I also has a very Just Cause 3 vibe to it.

Soldato
OP
Played the first couple of hours and it's much of the same really, although the gunplay doesn't feel anywhere near as tight as other FC games to me. That real solid thump of guns just isn't there, at least not in the weapons ive unlocked.

Even the basic guns in FC5 for example felt really weighty and powerful, the starting AR in this is utter dross!

The crocodile is awesome though :)
Aye. The starting gun is the FAL I think. Sounds a bit like a peashooter.

Soldato
I had a very brief play and found a special variant of the Fal in the house under the lighthouse. Apparently does extra damage against soft targets (But a lot less against armoured targets) and has a lasersight which apparently increases damage when hipfired.

Soldato
OP
I had a very brief play and found a special variant of the Fal in the house under the lighthouse. Apparently does extra damage against soft targets (But a lot less against armoured targets) and has a lasersight which apparently increases damage when hipfired.
Just watching a YouTuber play through the first few missions (an hour or two worth) and it’s so frustrating, because he gets new weapon unlocks and never uses them. Sticks to the crappy starting weapon..hasn’t touched a work bench either !

Caporegime
After a few more hours I’m not sure what I make of this tbh. The movement and combat doesn’t feel anywhere near fluid enough, it’s like you’re moving and turning in mud and the guns are really unsatisfying to use.

In a lot of respects the series has gone backwards. Where is the character progression, perks etc? I’m not a huge fan of the enemies having weakness to certain ammo either. Sure it’s not hard to carry different guns for different enemies but it’s not exactly fun.

Also what’s up with respawning enemies? Kill a bunch, move 10 yards and they’ve spawned all around you again. Highly annoying.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Not sure as I haven’t double dipped but it looks very pretty on a series X. Not the best looking game I’ve ever seen but damn good nonetheless.

I’m enjoying this more now I’m being more aggressive, shotguns and rocket launchers that sort of thing but the enemy respawn is still a PITA

Soldato
Nice looking on PS5 aswell. Wasn't sure at first but now I have moved to the mainland it's opened up nicely. The FAL was indeed awful but I've found a nice single shot rifle mith mid range optics and a suppressor so now I can be stealthy which is how I like to play these games. Shotguns are nice though! Vehicles are fun but the horses suck.

Soldato
Nice looking on PS5 aswell. Wasn't sure at first but now I have moved to the mainland it's opened up nicely. The FAL was indeed awful but I've found a nice single shot rifle mith mid range optics and a suppressor so now I can be stealthy which is how I like to play these games. Shotguns are nice though! Vehicles are fun but the horses suck.

Whats the name of the rifle please?

Going to start this later and I like to play a similar style.

Soldato
OP
Purchased it this afternoon. Just downloading now. Should be ready to play later. Can’t wait to switch off and just cause some chaos. :)

Soldato
I got a refund in the end, didn't really give it a chance to be fair, but some early missions just seemed boring and not original, I understand far cry is just more of the same, but still. Might get it when it hits the sale.

Soldato
I got a refund in the end, didn't really give it a chance to be fair, but some early missions just seemed boring and not original, I understand far cry is just more of the same, but still. Might get it when it hits the sale.

They drop in price fast so makes sense to get it later.

Back
Top Bottom