1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fargo

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by platypus, Apr 14, 2014.

1. sigma

Capodecina

Agreed, it is a bit too contrived but I still like the way it is unwinding and stuff.

2. NexusK

PermaBanned

Kirsten Dunst's character is great, she just gets crazier and crazier every episode :D

3. twist3d0n3

Capodecina

better than 1st season imo. 1st was better, but both are superb.

4. ElliorR

Sgarrista

I agree it's a great program but your post has made my brain ache :D

5. Reality|Bites

Soldato

Why the UFO?

6. NexusK

PermaBanned

7. rids57

Soldato

Well that was intense (and brilliant) :D

8. R3X

Wise Guy

Yeah have to admit it liked Fargo season 2 overall, almost have to wait for what kirsten does next :D

We have one more episode left so will enjoy it, if anything Fargo season 2 did a better job of staying more true to its show then say true detective season 2 did.

Not sure how they are going to do Season 3 but there must be plenty insane stories out there based off true events!

9. v0n

Sgarrista

Love season 2, can't wait for the finale. From technical perspective I absolutely adore grading on this thing - filming techniques and colouring look exactly like seventies era.

As as side note I always find the weakest point of currently made "period" movies and series set in 70ies is way too modern hair and clothing. Somehow hair and makeup departments completely lost the ability to do those Rod Steward mullets, Farrah Fawcett waves, Wogan from-below-eyeline-combovers-with-dog-ears-plus-sideburns realistically, and the same goes for bell bottom jeans and abbesque two sizes too tight shirts. And where are all the Burt Reynolds stashes?

10. NexusK

PermaBanned

I get the feeling that they aren't actualized enough to be up on the latest tash or flares fashion in Luverne. No t'intrnet.

Edit - being the best me i can be.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  11. Sliver

Capodecina

The UFO was a curve ball for me. I'm hoping there will be a justification/explanation/relevance to the story in the final episode. Because if not, WTF ? :confused:

12. AndyCr15

Capodecina

But of course, they aren't actually based on true events...

13. NexusK

PermaBanned

Hmm, the final episode was good but it kinda left me with the feeling that they could almost have made last week's one the season finale. Overall i loved it though, I didn't expect to after season 2 of True Detective was such a dud but thankfully this one wasn't a one season wonder.

14. Grandmaster Fap!

Sgarrista

Well that kind of ...ended. Awesome series, liked it more than the first actually but was expecting something a bit more at the end.

15. Reality|Bites

Soldato

So Mick Milligan is going to take the office job or say f that I'm outta here? lol

16. rids57

Soldato

I really enjoyed the last episode, a kind of winding down from all the madness of the previous nine episodes.
    Up there with the Leftovers for best show of the year for me.

17. Sliver

Capodecina

Thought the final episode was an anti-climax. Shame as it had really been building up to a grand finale.

18. Mak3R

Wise Guy

Sort of thought the same. I thought Mick was just gonna go mental in his new office and start shooting up the place.

As for the UFO? WTF there was no explanation at all, it was just glossed over. I initially thought it was him seeing the lights as he was dying but then everyone else reacted to it as well.

Really enjoyed the series overall though, it was great.

19. D3K

Mobster

When Hanzee was sitting in the baseball stadium seats, with the discussion of his face getting restructured, I was on tenterhooks thinking he would end up as Lorne Malvo!

It made sense he didn't though since he was in the wife's vision of the future with grey hair. I guess he will be back for S3. Interested to see what they do with Mick Milligan too.

As for the ufo, I really didn't care too much about the lack of explanation. It was a bit leftfield but did not detract from the overall mood and suspense of the series. Every other plot line was more important than that. Massive credit to the writers, actors and director for being able to turn something so seemingly important into a minor event.

20. AndyCr15

Capodecina

For me that was a very odd final episode.

So in her vision, her daughter was the policewoman we saw in S1? Do the timelines match up? Or was it just a random vision of the future?

S1 (apart perhaps from the vision) had nothing to do with S2, but are we expecting S3 to follow on from S2 as we have no idea what happens to the Indian or MM?