1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fargo

Discussion in 'US TV shows discussion.' started by platypus, Apr 14, 2014.

1. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Same here. Did get Ron Swanson from Parks & Rec and of course Ted Danson from Cheers and Becker (plus some CSI I think).

Only watched the first episode, but seemed a good one, lots going on.

2. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

Enjoying it a lot. Both eps have been great. Okay then!

3. Caged

Capodecina

This is great.

4. rids57

Soldato

Ok then :D

5. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Yaa. Okey then.

Enjoyed the second episode too. Interested to see how it all works out.

Also, is the blonde dude the guy from Breaking Bad, that shot the kid on the bike? Looks to have put some weight on.

6. dasBOT

Associate

it's crazy what people can do in the name of blind love

7. ElliorR

Sgarrista

Yes, Jesse Plemons, Todd in BB. Apparently he put the weight on for a film and he was asked to keep the weight for this.

8. AndyCr15

Capodecina

The problem is, after the guy attacked him and he stabbed him, what can you really do?

If he goes to the police, his wife surely goes to prison. And there is a reasonable chance he might be in some pretty deep poop himself. That's a best case scenario.

The wife had a chance if she'd just called the police when it happened. Who would really just drive home, with him on the bonnet and carry on as normal?

9. FutileBreadMachine

Wise Guy

Yeah this really wound me up. She could have just pushed him off of the bonnet and left. Who would possibly drive all the way home with a body on the bonnet? And she magically didn't meet a single other driver due to taking some "back route" home.

I think they still could have called the cops and said she drove the guy home so she could call him an ambulance, but then the guy attacked her husband and he killed him in self defence.

Also surprised she did not see the dead waitress lying in the snow as she looked at the diner.

10. antijoke

Caporegime

Fat Damon. :D

11. Caged

Capodecina

...a mental person :D

12. neil473

Wise Guy

Am guessing it was Black Mass with Johnny Depp, havent seen it , but he looks lto be playing a big bruiser type henchman in it.

13. R3X

Wise Guy

crickey he put on weight and aged !

Then again I did not even recognize ted danson let alone dunst :eek:

14. nicktay2605

Mobster

Kirsten Dunst has not aged well imo. On the other hand, Ted Danson looks pretty damn good for his age, I'll be happy if I look like that at 67! I'm really loving this new series, it's not quite as good as the first but it's still one of the best shows on TV at the moment.

15. simisker

Mobster

Loving this new season - some great performances, scenes and period detail, all beautifully shot. There's a 'golden age of Westerns' feel to this season's storyline - feuding families, the lawful sheriff, silent gun-totin' brothers in long coats, armed stand-offs etc - which I'm surprised to find myself enjoying. It works well. And of course, there's the 'lights in the sky' curveball...

I'm disappointed that it's not getting talked about more; it really is getting up there with Breaking Bad, for me.

16. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Yeah, good so far this season. Loving the MM character. (Forgot his name...)

17. Mark A

Capodecina

Really good so far, enjoying it a lot. I was a little worried it was going to follow in the footsteps of True Detective.

18. NexusK

PermaBanned

I'm enjoying this but every character either being played by someone really famous or recognisable from other things is a bit distracting.

19. FutileBreadMachine

Wise Guy

I'm not feeling the 2nd season at all. Too silly/contrived, just winds me up and I don't care about the characters. Not quite as bad as True Detective S2, but still not worth continuing watching for me.

20. rids57

Soldato

Just goes to show how everyone has different tastes then, because I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :)