Faulty Corsair HX1000....Again!

Associate
OP
Damn. I would have done that if I'd have known. To be fair, I wish Overclockers would have told me that all they were going to do was send it on to Corsair. Only thing is it cost me enough to send it to Overclockers nevermind Corsair. So you're saying I wont get a fully new boxed unit back then?

What was wrong with your HX1000?

RoEy

Associate
Damn. I would have done that if I'd have known. To be fair, I wish Overclockers would have told me that all they were going to do was send it on to Corsair. Only thing is it cost me enough to send it to Overclockers nevermind Corsair. So you're saying I wont get a fully new boxed unit back then?

What was wrong with your HX1000?

RoEy

Em ....... I popped it shorting a drive against the case... but don't tell anyone :) lol

Just followed the online RMA procedure.. returned it to Corsair (Netherlands) about £25 ish postage.

As I already stated, I just sent the bare PSU back. Left all the modular cables in situ and 8 - 10 days later a complete, boxed replacement turned up by courier.

If you have any more problems with your HX1000 tell Corsair that you have had to RMA it before and are fed up with the expense of sending all the way to the Netherlands and they will arrange to pick it up FOC :)

NO... I don't work for them !! :)

Associate
OP
Fully boxed back.... depends if the OCUK tech guys read this and realise that you now know that Corsair will replace with new boxed unit :)

Well it wants to be as that what I got when I paid £180 for it. :) Thanks for the heads up though. It's a killer not having the PC working though, plus I recently got 50mb and now it's sat there doing nothing. :(

RoEy

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Still waiting for the replacement. Phoned Overclockers yesterday and they said I should recieve the new PSU mid next week. If that is the case it will have been 3 1/2 weeks since my PC was on. I'm just worrying about the fact it is water cooled and the longest I've ever left it off is 2 weeks.

Should I be worried or will it be fine?

RoEy

Associate
Im having the same problem as you :( My AX1200 buzzes even when the Computer is turned off. Its getting picked up tomorrow luckly i havent put my watercooling into my TJ07 yet.

Associate
OP
I just want to know if it will be ok with the water being still for the best part of a month?

The water I'm using is bi-distilled, plus corrosion block and a silver kill coil in the res.

RoEy

Associate
OP
What the hell is going on?? Got the new psu Thursday and plugged it in. Everything seemed to be working fine and literally just 5 minutes ago it's started to buzz like mad, just like it did last time.

I have really had enough of this. It buzzes when I game at high fps but so does my gpu and it's always done that. This however, is now buzzing when my PC is idle.

What could be causing this? It has to be something else in my PC that's doing it surely? This is my third Corsair PSU!!!

Please, can someone advise me what to do?

RoEy

Associate
OP
Tried unplugging everything from the psu and I still get the buzz. Even when the pc is turned off I still get a buzz coming from the psu. Shoddy shoddy shoddy corsair.

Do I have to wait another month now for another crappy corsair psu to turn up on my door?

I have nothing bad to say about overclockers they have done everything they can for me but boy do I need them to help me with this one.

I've even got a massive extension cable and plugged it into a socket from another room thinking it might be an issue with the rooms socket.

I give up.........

RoEy

Soldato
What OEM does Corsair use to produce the HX1000 anyway? If it was Seasonic, I would be very shocked. Out of interest, isn't the HX1000 2 500W units slapped together? Maybe you could try to check what 12v rail is faulty?

Caporegime
What OEM does Corsair use to produce the HX1000 anyway? If it was Seasonic, I would be very shocked. Out of interest, isn't the HX1000 2 500W units slapped together? Maybe you could try to check what 12v rail is faulty?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Corsair-HX1000W-Power-Supply-Review/484

"It is very important to notice that HX1000W uses a completely different design from other power supplies from Corsair’s HX series. Not only HX1000W uses a dual-transformer design, but it is also manufactured by a different company, CWT. Other HX models are manufactured by Seasonic, which also manufactures power supplies from Corsair’s VX series. CWT is also in charge of Corsair’s TX series. Power supplies from Thermaltake are also manufactured by CWT and Toughpower 1,000 W and above units use the same internal design as Corsair HX1000W. In fact, internally Corsair HX1000W is identical to Thermaltake Toughpower 1,500 W – a model labeled 50% above the reviewed unit. The only difference between them is the use of multiple rail design on Thermaltake’s model."

CWT for the fail?

Associate
OP
Where do I go from here then guys? I'd like to send it back and if possible get a different psu but I don't know where I stand with that.

Really had enough.

RoEy

Associate
OP
How can I possibly sell it? I wouldnt want anyone else to have this psu, plus I'll get grief from whoever buys it. There's no way I'll ever touch corsair psu's again. As for the corsair HX850, there are several people on corsair forum who have buzzing psu's.

I'll phone overclockers tomorrow to see what can be done. It cost me £15 to send it to them and I had to wait over 3 weeks to get another back and now this one is playing up too. Surely something can be done for me.

Thanks anyway,

One more bad thing away from putting my fist right through it all.

RoEy

Back
Top Bottom