Favourite celebrity chef?

Associate
I''d say my favourites are Gordon Ramsey, James Martin and Monica Galetti.

Used to like Jamie Oliver when he was new on the scene but as times has gone by dislike more and more of what he does.

Caporegime
I always liked this dood
but don't watch TV these days so no idea

He always used to cook weird stuff I'd never eat though... I remember in one ep he cooked some pidgeon pie..... crap.

pretty sure he cooked road kill one time too...... and I remember when he caught an eel in a stream.

almost chucked up my dinner as he skinned it :D

Soldato
Seems to be no love for Tom Kerridge or the legend that is Mary Berry?

Tom Kerridge’s books have all been very decent IMO, all completely no nonsense and recipes that you can actually eat daily without ending up being the size of the man himself. Nothing I’ve made from his books have needed loads of expensive ingredients so they are pretty nice on the wallet too.

Mary Berry is a legend and that is all there is to say.

As others have said, Jamie Oliver is fine but everything he makes seems to have oodles of olive oil and lemons in it. It’s almost a drinking game when watching the show.

Soldato
Seems to be no love for Tom Kerridge

I used to be a big fan of Tom Kerridge and would eat at his main restaurant in Marlow fairly often but the prices there now are quite obscene. It's nice food, very nice, but it's not worth the prices he's asking. It's more than I'm prepared to pay, so I won't pay it.

That said, when covid kicked off the Hand & Flowers sold a limited number of 'golden tickets' which included 3 course dinner and an overnight stay in one of their rooms. That was a bargain at £250 for the 2 of us. We're booked in for June, but I think that'll be our last time there.

Back
Top Bottom