Favourite Jailbroken Applications

Soldato
My iPhone 4S tweaks

SBSettings - Quickly enable Wi-Fi, 3G etc.

AppLocker - Simply lock my applications (I think folders as well)

biteSMS - Instead of using the Apple messages, downloaded because it has timestamps and quick reply.

FolderEnhancer - Multiple pages in folders (more apps), folders in folders, folders seem to open quicker.

Cleverpin - Disables password lock while on certain networks or/and playing music or/and on charge. I use it so I don't need to enter my password when on my home network.

Springtomise - Still unsure what exactly I will use this for, changed a few things. Customise various springboard things though ;)

StayOpened - Not tested, but keeps App store open when you download something, instead of going to springboard

3G Unrestrictor - Facetime, youtube HD, photo stream etc over 3G

I will be trying to find more today. So what are your favourite apps/tweeks :)? Remember keep it none warez related :D

Last edited:
Soldato
So far only came across one of any real use on the iPad which is Backgrounder.

Amazed by the amount of crap available on Cydia.

No wonder Apple wanted to keep it out of their store.

L33

L33

Permabanned
Backgrounder - real multitasking
Remove Recents - turns the iOS4 'multitasking' list into just that, rather than just a list of everything you've ever opened. It only shows apps that are actually multitasking, and removes those that are not.
Cyntact - show contact images in contact list (works within other apps that use the contact list too)
Grooveshark - Grooveshark client
My3G - allows use of apps that usually require a wifi connection, now including facetime
MyWi - create a mini wifi hotspot
Springflash - iPhone 4 LED torch function which can be assigned to a hardware key (requires activator)
Photoshare web (not working in iOS4 yet) - share/upload photos to various websites straight from the camera roll
WiFiFoFum - Very good wifi network scanner. Was an appstore app originally

Last edited:
Soldato
Winterboard = Pile of crap, since OS3.x. It will bog down your phone eventually. My three key apps are:

LockInfo - Give yourself a PROPER lockscreen, rather than the shoddy stock affair. Modules are available for email, twitter, weather, calendar etc and the functionality/interaction at lockscreen level is lovely. The author is struggling to adapt LI for iOS4.0 though but he'll get there.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kainz/4655325601/ - some examples.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kainz/4229469574/

BossPaper - Forget adding background springboard wallpapers via slow Winterboard. This will give you that ability and more including transitional backgrounds upon app-exit, if you wish. I had about 200 texture based wallpapers that did this on my 3G, with no slowdown. It was lovely to witness the fade rotation in effect.

SBSSettings - One touch toggles to various key iPhone settings such as 3G/GPS/Processes/Push etc. It saves you a heap of time as all you need to do is, right swipe the topmost status bar, and down pops a dialogue box with all your settings.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kainz/3845893289/

MX-Tube - This allows you to trawl through YouTube, and save videos directly to your phone in HD format. Quite handy.

These are my key JB apps. Themes I would code myself and it was brilliant working on an unrestricted device. I am just waiting for things to settle down before JB'ing my iPhone 4 - the sheer speed and ram would make it so ideal.

During the iOS4.0 preview, all I was praying for was a LockInfo style home screen, which never came. It's a shame really because the author is someone who Apple should have snapped up.

Associate
SBSettings and SpringFlash as mentioned above. Great apps that would have no chance of getting in the app store.

I also use PDANet for tethering.

Last edited:
Associate
I can see Infinifolders being added to my list, it lets you put more than 12 apps into a folder which you can then scroll. Chpwn just finished it and it should be availlable in Cydia tomorrow.

Soldato
Does anyone else find skype can't be ran in the background anymore after jailbreaking?

Yup. They often play silly beggars with jailbreaks.

Anyone good with error messages? Trying to install Signal but getting nowhere.....

large_image-1.jpg

Soldato
Ol!ver, the only reason I haven't JB'd yet is because I was waiting for Cydia to sort itself out as I've read numerous reports on Twitter that Saurik (cydia owner) has had issues.

Does JB'ing at present mess up facetime and MMS still? or has that been fixed? Anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom