US: Fear the Walking Dead

Man of Honour
Didn't realise there were more episodes in season 5 after the break at episode 9 - not that they are worth watching but skipped through them to catch up - which was painful enough - then gave season 6 a whirl - first episode nearly had me turning it off again but the ending showed promise - just as I'd about had all I could take of Morgan - so will give second episode a chance.

Soldato
this evening, now being shown from the start on freeview( 4Music?) !.... have only ever seen odd episodes, versus twd, I watched religiously.
after seeing the first one, maybe it got better somewhere in the middle, or has aged badly, but Madison is completel unengaging/unattractive/vacant as a character.

Heroes, in comparison, being reshown on bbc2, much better, had concept originality too.

Soldato
this evening, now being shown from the start on freeview( 4Music?) !.... have only ever seen odd episodes, versus twd, I watched religiously.
after seeing the first one, maybe it got better somewhere in the middle, or has aged badly, but Madison is completel unengaging/unattractive/vacant as a character.

Heroes, in comparison, being reshown on bbc2, much better, had concept originality too.

First few seasons of Fear were very good and Madison became an excellent, driven character. However, i am still ****** off they have brought Fear up to date with TWD timeline and now Morgan is the central character.

Alicia, Strand, Daniel, Al, they are strong enough characters to carry the show without Morgan who just brings the mood down! Also not sure why he is now wearing a cowboy hat and we get a Western style sound bite everytime he shows up - we already have Dorie who is a much better character!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
First few seasons of Fear were very good and Madison became an excellent, driven character. However, i am still ****** off they have brought Fear up to date with TWD timeline and now Morgan is the central character.

Alicia, Strand, Daniel, Al, they are strong enough characters to carry the show without Morgan who just brings the mood down! Also not sure why he is now wearing a cowboy hat and we get a Western style sound bite everytime he shows up - we already have Dorie who is a much better character!

Same they actually broke their own promise. The producers original intention was it was its own separate show and would never catch up to the main TWD group. How quickly that was forgotten. They threw away great opportunities to focus on the outbreak and focus on the breakdown of civilisation and government. Instead they **** it down the drain and became a clone of the main show.

Associate
I've worked my way from the first series to about halfway through series 5 in the last month, I've liked that unlike TWD there hasn't been any pantomime villains with maybe the end of series 4 being the exception but only for a handful of episodes.

Soldato
Latest episode of FTWD tells us what the keys are for. Was hoping for a bigger, better reveal though! Maybe he was taking her to the sub and we see it washed up - dun dun dun!! But no, let's bring people back from S2/3 for 20mins and then kill them all.

Much better episodes though when we focus on the Alicia etc and not Morgan and his cult like attitude, "live with me or die and let's grow vegetables and talk about our feelings". **** off, i want zombie action!

Soldato
Well, it seems Johnny age 6 wrote the latest episode :(

Morgan has no weapon and has several zombies pin him to the floor, 2 seconds later he's fine and no explanation as to how he survived. The good guys pin down the 2 main bad guys who are hell bent on destroying the world and we get, "let them go".

A couple of good bits, but that and a few other things really brought down the entire cult/nuke/sub story line.

Soldato
Season finale done - thankfully not much screen time for our lord and saviour Morgan.

Virginia's daughter is toast at last and looks like Victor will be the next seasons bad guy. Shame as I like Victor, he may be be unorthodox, but he always came through for the good guys.

Soldato
S7 has started.

No-one else watching?

Yeah I am watching. Looks like they have currently gone down the fractured factions/characters route with a very small amount of interaction between them for the first few episodes anyway. The nuclear fallout is making a bit of a interesting mechanism but that’s about it.

Soldato
Only watched the 1st episode of S7 so far - disappointed Strand is been set up as the villain :( He was really good as the resourceful charmer.

I've said it many times, i hate that it has become the Morgan show and the original characters have took 2nd place to him, but i'm even more ****** of that no doubt Morgan will be the one to take down Strand. The original cast have been through so much together :(

Soldato
Up to episode 6 - no Alisha yet :(

Group scattered everywhere.

Not as much Morgan (thankfully)

Strand is the bad guy this season - very disappointing as he was great when he used his skills for the group, now he's just a one dimensional caricature.

Caporegime
Strand is the bad guy this season - very disappointing as he was great when he used his skills for the group, now he's just a one dimensional caricature.
because you don't see him how he and the writers do :p
watch the latest ep

how many people are supposed to live in the tower? we saw like 10 total? wasnt there supposed to be way more than that

Man of Honour
how many people are supposed to live in the tower? we saw like 10 total? wasnt there supposed to be way more than that

It is a bit weird - some of the earlier episodes they show scenes from the top, etc. which look as if it is the product of lots of people being involved and supporting lots of people and several mentions of recruitment, etc. as if there were dozens of people but then you rarely see more than 3-4 people in any sequence covering the tower.

Soldato
So it looks like Alicia is getting pushed out of her own show - bah!

It would have been interesting to see that she had some form of immunity to her bite and that starts the road to the cure, but we know that doesn't happen due to world beyond.

Good episode this week though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom