US: Fear the Walking Dead

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Did you guys hear there going to be a parallel walking dead spinoff show which will fill inbetween Seasons starting later in the year. It be based in the walking dead world but will start fresh with a totally separate group independent from Rick's lot and also not based from the comic book.

Fear the Walking Dead

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I hope when the walking dead finishes filming its current season Fear the walking dead comes on....

That is what is going to happen. Similar with shield and agent Carter between seasons. So walking dead 2 seasons long ;)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
This one is set just after the outbreak while the world is just going to crap instead of after when everyone is dead.

Actually it not that different as that is how the walking dead first started off. Except they used Rick's coma to speed things along. So in a way this will be the start and perhaps a bit more focus on the initial outbreak.

Apparently this will catch up in time but the producers has stated that this will be entirely separate and the individual groups won't meet.......... For now ;)

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
They are just badly written, the dialogue is terrible as I said. Laughably bad. I could give a stack of examples but they would be spoilers.

It's a comic book so the delivery is not going to be the same as the screenplay. As Sonny mentioned your obviously not a comic book fan so there no point even trying to convince you otherwise, however check out all latest blockbuster movies practically every one is based on a comic book or novels, so it can't be all that bad. The Marvel Cinematic Universe that made billions from movies is all based from comic books.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Ok - for those who want to know. Opening 3 mins released by AMC online. Link Below

***Careful Opening 3 mins Spoilers***

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I don't really know what people were expecting. It was never going to be guns and explosions from the off.

It was a subtle build up, but I think ep2 onwards should start ramping up.

Totally agree. It was a little slow but they had to introduce the characters, set the scene, the tone and slowly ramp it up.

Still enjoyed it and not jumping into "oh it's boring camp" if you expect the horde wait for TWD new season.

Personally I enjoy the outbreak and the breakdown of society and civilisation.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Thought it was quite good, these zombies seem harder to kill though?

Yeah - fresh corpses where the bodies would be hardier, stronger and a little quicker than the decomposed, rotting walkers that Rick's crew encounters.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
We just don't think about that much but by comparison we can see the walking dead team spend ages making the zombies look real. This one the zombies didn't look half as good.

I thought the zombies looked good and quite creepy. These are fresh corpses so not sure what you expected them to look like. Personally find them the creepy as you cant be too sure.

Don't forget, all of the zombies in the first few episodes of FTWD are going to be very fresh corpses, so I wouldn't expect them to be as distressed and knocked about as they are in TWD.

Exactly apart from their movement and external injuries, from afar they are going to look human. So even if your are close you cant be too sure particularly if you not expecting something to be wrong.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Really enjoyed the 2nd episode. Tension was definitely there and ramping up. Definitely a start towards the TWD environment.

Was cringing at Madison's behaviour, quite frustrating particularly when she witness infected before. Also the parents could have explained it better to the kids and neighbours?? Typical irrational behaviour that stereotype this type of genre.

Overall still excellent imo.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
And while I agree that yes, things could have been solved by an explanation, what would you do to explain things if you didn't actually know what was going on, and had only seen one or two examples of what appears to be happening?

It was a pretty good example with the dealer and now the headteacher.

They still could have said it was a infection or plague that makes people crazy. Call it rabies if you have to. My point was to emphasis how dangerous it can become.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Is anyone aware of the time difference between the 2 shows?

It's a short season and I'm not sure they'll fit everything in that TWD hasn't explained, I want to see the breakdown of the government and the army. We know in a real life situation scientists would be performing autopsy on zombie bodies, I want to see that!

Basically when Rick wakes up it is 45 weeks into to the outbreak. FTWD is based in the first 45 weeks leading up to Rick's time.

The second season already confirmed so I am sure they will string it out. How much is another matter altogether.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Someone posted a timeline from script lines in different episodes on another forum that makes it sound like Rick was only unaided in the coma for around a month :

Here the full quote

They don't make it clear in the TV show or the comics, but in episode 5 (Wildfire), Jenner says it is "Day 194 since wildfire was declared and 63 days since the disease abruptly went global". This would be the fourth day since Rick woke up. This means the disease has been spreading for over 6 months and has been an international pandemic for 2 months.

When he wakes up, Rick seems to have several weeks of beard stubble on his face, and the flowers on the nightstand have been dead for at least a couple of weeks. When he meets Morgan and they go to the police station, Morgan says the gas lines have been shut down for "maybe a month". Since the gas lines are in the same town as the hospital, we can assume the hospital shut down around the same time as the gas. In episode 6 (TS-19), Jenner says he has "been in the dark [meaning he hasn't had communications with anyone else] for almost a month". It is hard to believe the CDC would collapse as quickly as a small-town hospital in Georgia, but that seems to be the case.

The problem is that none of this tells us anything about how long Rick was comatose, only how long he was comatose AFTER the hospital was overrun - about a month. The stubble on his face proves that, but the hospital (or Lori) could have been shaving him while he was in the coma right up until the hospital went down.

In the first episode (Days Gone Bye), just before Rick gets shot, he and Shane are chatting about women and relationships. That would lead me to believe the disease is not in the USA yet, as they would be preoccupied with handling the outbreak (they ARE cops, and cops would be the first responders in a zombie crisis), or at least DISCUSSING it.

So if "wildfire" began outside the US, and only got to the US when it 'abruptly went global', Rick was probably in the coma for at least 2 months - at least one month while the hospital was still operational, and about one month after it was abandoned. If 'wildfire' began in the US, however, Rick has probably been in the coma for about 6 months - 5 months before the hospital shut down, and one month after.

In any case, we can be sure that he wasn't in the coma for more than a month or so after the hospital was abandoned. Although he WAS hooked up to an IV fluid drip, those bags only last a few hours to a day at most before going dry. Tube feeding would have stopped immediately upon the nurses leaving the hospital.

It is true that a person can live without food for over 2 months (though they usually lose consciousness after a month or so), and possibly longer if they are in a coma; however, we die very quickly without water. Even in relatively cool weather, going as little as 3 days without fluids can be fatal, and very few people have survived more than a couple of weeks without drinking. I've never heard of anyone living for a month without water, but it might be possible. Anything more than a few weeks to a month and Rick would never have woken up.

The only other possibility is that Rick was shot AFTER the disease became a global problem, and yet he somehow heard nothing about the outbreak or the zombies until he woke up and found Morgan.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Heh, from the context of the show though a couple of people get shot then suddenly people are protesting which leads to a full blown riot of random violence for little apparent reason, needed a bit more building up really though I can see what they were going for.

It could happen, in the states currently with the Police and some of the American communities the littlest confrontation sparked off violence and then certain people taking advantage of the situation to loot and theft.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Although drug dealer guy in EP1 wasn't sick at all.

If you follow the regular TWD series it already explained. Included it for you but careful spoilers if you have not seen the original series.

warning TWD spoilers
Everyone alive is already infected. If you die naturally you still turn

Disappointed to read they only made 6, of course it was going to be a big hit.

Don't worry season 2 already confirmed and coming. :cool:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I was wondering how the military knew to go there? There seems to be very little explained, which can be good and bad.

Think they were sweeping the area. Going through marking each household and clearing them. Thinking I guess they can still contain the situation. So perhaps this part of the miltary don't have all the answers.

Plus points - tension, tone and denim boob :D. However scaffolding and back door - lazy/stupid.

Yeah enjoyed the tension but same old frustrations. Travis suddenly went backwards and didn't know or not convinced again about the infected? Also the 'commander' :) daughter went back alone?? Like you say very lazy and a little unreal. The leaving the back door open was sooooooooo :rolleyes: :mad:

The brief hospital scene and the lights going out was a good touch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom