Feedback on £3.5k+ Spec.

It has no competition from AMD so there isn't much reason to drop the price, they will still sell at the £2k mark. I just hope the power draw rumors (600w+) don't turn out to be true.
5080 could be intersting if it's 4090+10% perf. 400w..be nice if they kept it between the 4080s and 4080 before that so there is actually a better price to perf ratio..would be nice with min 20gb vram as well...couple games thrown in too:cry:...actually, just make it my 3080fe price

Hi again. I'm having a few minor problems with the RAM in this build. When turning EXPO on in the BIOS settings, it refuses to boot (can't even get back into the BIOS settings). After a few failed attempts, the Motherboard seems to pick up on the issue and forces it into the BIOS (maybe some kind of recovery mode). When I turn off the EXPO it runs fine again. I have installed the iCUE software from Corsair, and it gives me the following warning:

"Profile Mixing

iCUE detected that you are using DRAM modules with different types of profiles (EXPO and XMP) at the same time. When mixing profile types, the Performance Manager tab is not available.

Please use modules from a single kit with the same type of profile to re-enable the Performance Manager tab."

Is this likely a settings issue with the BIOS or a manufacturing fault that I can RMA? Any suggestions would be welcome!

Hi again. I'm having a few minor problems with the RAM in this build. When turning EXPO on in the BIOS settings, it refuses to boot (can't even get back into the BIOS settings).
Can you clarify which RAM and motherboard you purchased?

Is the BIOS on the shipping BIOS, or the latest?

"Profile Mixing

iCUE detected that you are using DRAM modules with different types of profiles (EXPO and XMP) at the same time. When mixing profile types, the Performance Manager tab is not available.

Please use modules from a single kit with the same type of profile to re-enable the Performance Manager tab."
Interesting, sounds like the software needs updating to cope with RAM that has two types of profile (this is getting much more widespread).

Can you take a screenshot of the CPU-Z SPD tab (or use hwinfo portable) so we can see what profiles it has?

Can you clarify which RAM and motherboard you purchased?

Is the BIOS on the shipping BIOS, or the latest?

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £331.98 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Sorry, I should have included that information. Shipping BIOS: I'm about to try updating it now.

Interesting, sounds like the software needs updating to cope with RAM that has two types of profile (this is getting much more widespread).

Can you take a screenshot of the CPU-Z SPD tab (or use hwinfo portable) so we can see what profiles it has?

That is the two slots for the RAM in the CPU-Z SPD tab. I currently have EXPO settings turned off, as that's the only way the system will boot.

That is the two slots for the RAM in the CPU-Z SPD tab. I currently have EXPO settings turned off, as that's the only way the system will boot.
It does have two profiles and that's not something you can fix, so I think they just need to update their software to support this.

That is on the QVL for your motherboard, which is about as good a guarantee it will/should work as you can get.

Back
Top Bottom