Feek's Friday Beer, gin (and whatever you happen to be drinking on a Friday night) Thread

Commissario
OP
I've just got home after being in the office all day, having left home at 04:20 this morning and am on my second of these.

It has a very unusual flavour, unlike any gin I've had before. It's floral and surprisingly sweet. I think it's quite citrussy but really, I'm struggling to find words to describe it. It won't be to everybody's taste but I rather like it. This was a Father's Day present and when it's gone, I won't think twice about replacing it.

vtcMGJT.jpeg

Associate
Good stuff glad you liked it! :D

A purest would say you're pouring into totally the wrong style of glass though, if drinking such things regularly then a challice style glass is recommended (the Westmalle one is very good quality but should be hand washed).

Unlike most of the beers we get here, you do want a bit of a head on the beer, 2-3 fingers is considered normal if you are ever buying these types of beers from a proper Belgian bar.

I agree with you that it's not something you can down quickly as it's heavier, but likewise think it's great if you want to really enjoy drinking it, and don't want to drink too much :cool:

I was wondering with the pour and the head I gave it a good 10 minutes to settle, I really should get a proper glass although for some silly reason I am quite attached to this glass! I can see how a glass with a much wider rim would help.

Associate
Next up is Fresha Strawberry IPA, not seen this one before and very much back to my usual beers. The thing that stands out with this beer is the aroma and i can't quite put my finger on it. Its a sort of gorse or nettle, (probably strawberry plant!). Very drinkable but not as hoppy as a lot of the IPAs.

oEfjkgq.jpg

Associate
I've just got home after being in the office all day, having left home at 04:20 this morning and am on my second of these.

It has a very unusual flavour, unlike any gin I've had before. It's floral and surprisingly sweet. I think it's quite citrussy but really, I'm struggling to find words to describe it. It won't be to everybody's taste but I rather like it. This was a Father's Day present and when it's gone, I won't think twice about replacing it.

Do you always use the same tonic? As i imagine this can effect the flavour from the gin considerably.

Commissario
OP
Do you always use the same tonic? As i imagine this can effect the flavour from the gin considerably.
Yes. Bog standard Fever Tree Indian Tonic. I don't like using fancy tonic as I want to taste the gin rather than the tonic. There are lots of different flavour tonics but I stick with the straightforward Indian tonic water.

Associate
Yes. Bog standard Fever Tree Indian Tonic. I don't like using fancy tonic as I want to taste the gin rather than the tonic. There are lots of different flavour tonics but I stick with the straightforward Indian tonic water.
Good stuff. Enjoy sounds like you deserve it tonight!

Associate
My final beer of the evening is Hophead light and hoppy. A 500ml bottle so biggest than normal it has a very vanilla aroma to it. Not bad not great!

OsldnuM.jpg

Soldato
Well it's Friday somewhere, right?

Picked up a few tasty beers from Tesco and just put one of these in me after a busy afternoon.
Wild Card Brewery, DDH IPA, 7.5%. A bit dank and not as tropical as I like them but still a very, very nice IPA.

ddhipa.jpg

I haz 4090!
Don
Can we not have another week where this isn't updated please? I really enjoy seeing what booze people are enjoying - it's become a Friday night thing for me. :D

Soldato
I’ve been drinking all week. My Untapped app must pretty much cover every single beer that’s available in Corfu.

Every time I go into a shop I pick up a different beer. There’s very few I’d drink at home but out here in the sun most have hit the spot and worked well. Only issue being one which was 4% yet tasted like a very poor non alcoholic beer. Just so thin and flavourless.

Commissario
OP
I appreciate it's not Friday but this is my thread and I don't care!

I've had a BBQ this evening and necked six (yes, six) double G&Ts while cooking. Damnit, it's a school night. I'm going to suffer in the morning.

zbyRzDT.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom