Few nooby questions

Associate
Some super noob questions here :D

1. Can I run my radiator at an angle? ie: does it have to be FLAT or does it not matter?

2. How the hell do you get tubing over barbs, it's insane! Does it matter if they're only 1/2 over the barb (as long as it's really tight) or does it need to go right to the end?

Associate
A radiator will work if air is being run over/through it, the angle wouldn't make the slightest difference. Having said that trying to mount it at an odd angle in a case? That would be a different matter.

Tried heating the end of the tube with your hands? Stretching it with some pliers on the inside in a few directions?

Associate
OP
I tried with pliers, that enabled me to get it on 3/4 but I just can't get it any further. I also tried running it under hot water from the tap before attempting to fit it :/

Associate
Rad can be any way up really tho sometimes it can make it a bit harder to bleed thats all, as for the barbs, soak the tubing in hot water for a few seconds and it should help with getting them all the way on.

Associate
OP
I have G1/4 to 3/8 with 3/8 tubing.

I've managed to get the tubing fitted now. It was really easy once i put a tiny bit of distilled water onto the hose and fitting, easily slipped on then.

I've now got the loop filled, but strangely with 1/4 of a bottle of Mayhems X1. I'm sure that's not right.

It's a CPU, GPU, 360 slim rad setup. Currently attempting to bleed it now.

A few questions: should I be able to see water physically moving? Once the loop became full the water became static. Secondly, any good tips to bleed the system?

Update: got most of the air bubbles out, just little ones left going into the res from the rad and going to the pump. Fluid level still appears the same though.

Last edited:
Associate
To see the water moving you can get a flow meter, either electronic or just a little fan style part that moves when water goes over it.

Some people prefer the mechanical because they can't really break, however they may remove from your aesthetic design choice.

Associate
OP
Ah, I'm not fussed about being able to see the water moving, just wanted to know if it was normal for it not to :p

Back
Top Bottom