Few pics of my i7 rig

Soldato
Cheers guys. 4ghz would be nice, anything else would be a bonus, got to do a bit of reading up on i7 clocking. Seems a bit more complex than my previous q6600 and q9550 on p5q deluxe, got 3.8ghz from those 2 cpu's with a bit of tweaking.

Yeh i think 4Ghz looking at what you've got should be fine, good luck and nice build :)

Associate
I went for the i7 1156 socket.

i7 860
Asus maximus III formula
Geil Ultra Series 4GB

I'm having trouble fitting everything inside the coolermaster haf 932 case. It's my first build and I'm struggling. I have no graphics card until next week but I'm building it regardless. Bit worried it might not work.

Associate
I went for the i7 1156 socket.

i7 860
Asus maximus III formula
Geil Ultra Series 4GB

I'm having trouble fitting everything inside the coolermaster haf 932 case. It's my first build and I'm struggling. I have no graphics card until next week but I'm building it regardless. Bit worried it might not work.

what you struggling with ? The HAF is a big case...

Associate
Hi mate - can you tell me where you got that 3 x 5.25" bay mounted intake fan mount? I want one for my eclipse and yours looks just about right.

BTW im thinking about putting my new i7 rig in to my eclipse case too... just trying to balance the coolness of having a new case vs the cost (financial and environmental) of buying one.

Associate
looking good to me, I love the true black, but think it's a shame that it has to be hidden between two fans. It would have looked superb in my new i7 build but I went for the H50 as big HSF fould my ram slots. Have a look if you get chance ;)

Caporegime
OP
Hi mate - can you tell me where you got that 3 x 5.25" bay mounted intake fan mount? I want one for my eclipse and yours looks just about right.

BTW im thinking about putting my new i7 rig in to my eclipse case too... just trying to balance the coolness of having a new case vs the cost (financial and environmental) of buying one.
Sorry for late reply mate, bay unit is a scythe kama bay.:)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=SY-000-SY

Caporegime
OP
Yep i know what you mean dubcat, the strange thing is. A while back when i first got the kama bay, i was using a samsung dvdrw drive, there was a nice tight fit all round, i recently switched over to an lg blu-ray drive and now theres a slight gap between the bottom of the drive and the top edge of the kama bay. Doesnt seem to effect it in anyway and its pretty hard to notice it.

Pic.
Picture008.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Looks good, how loud is it, looks like a possible jumbo jet!
Actually its very quiet, the fans on the cooler and rear exhaust are 400-1200 rpm pwm models, currently at 800 rpm, the 2 front intakes though are 2000 rpm versions that are run on a fan controller, only turn those up if i want a bit more air intake.:)

Back
Top Bottom