FIA WEC 2015

Soldato
Reliability & experience are everything at Le Mans and Audi have both in spades.

That said I expect Porsche to give them the best run for their money since Peugeot left. Hopefully Toyota can step up a bit and the Nissan runs for more than five laps :)

Soldato
OP
Their Deltawing effort, pardon, their ZEOD-RC did what it set out to, then failed miserably in the race.

Hopefully they've learned a bit from that, and from sticking their powerplants in LMP2's.

Soldato
I'm just a tad concerned that Le Mans will be its first real race/test. They could have done with coming to Silverstone or Spa just to shake the bugs out of it a little more.

Hope it does well though 'cause it's totally bonkers :D

Caporegime
That's what they planned. They were going to do the full WEC season. But they have had 'issues' (they have had to ditch all power to the rear wheels and theres rumours of them failing crash tests) meaning the car won't be ready until Le Mans, and will be down on power and performance too. 2015 has been written off and is just a year of testing really. They won't expect to be competitive until 2016.

Soldato
Yeah I realise it's not going to compete at the front but I hope it finishes the race, that would be a major achievement for its first race.

Such an interesting concept, it's the kind of thing you expect to see in garage 56 (like the ZEOD). Don't think there is a garage 56 entry this year is there?

Soldato
Watched the end of the race this morning, great work by Audi again. Toyota seem to be nowhere which is a real shame. Still we'll have to see how their Le Mans spec goes - hope it's an improvement on the current performance. Also hoping Rebellion are ready in time, but according to what the RLM guys were saying they'd not heard anything about them recently?

Caporegime
Yeah I realise it's not going to compete at the front but I hope it finishes the race, that would be a major achievement for its first race.

Such an interesting concept, it's the kind of thing you expect to see in garage 56 (like the ZEOD). Don't think there is a garage 56 entry this year is there?

I've not heard anything about a Garage 56 entry this year, no.

The Nissan GT-R LM Nismo does build heavily on the aero concepts of the DeltaWing and ZEOD that Ben Bowlby headed up. Its basically a Garage 56 car squeezed into the LMP1 regulations :p.

Soldato
OP
Kamui Kobayashi is said to be likely to take over from Nakajima as the third driver in the #1 Toyota at Le Mans. Not sure what to make of it. He has raced in Le Mans, but that was GTE stuff.

Caporegime
Nissan are running 3 cars at Le Mans and then 2 for the rest of the WEC season. While the 24 hours is going to be basically more testing for them they are at least throwing everything at it.

Back
Top Bottom