FIA WEC 2015

Soldato
OP
I don't find it that bad - and it could easily have been worse - but it might be because I actually like the look of the GT.

The might do a better livery next year and wouldn't be surprised if they copy the Porsche idea for Le Mans, they could have the cars looking like those fifty years ago for the 24 hours. :cool:

I wonder if they would consider a 1.6 litre V6 turbo... ;)

What makes you say that? :p They could decide to make a 2.2 litre V6 turbo either? They do quite well in american motorsport. :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nissan have abandoned any attempt to race again this year, to instead focus on testing.

Part of me thinks this is a good thing, as they can focus on making things work and come back next year competitive. But another part of me thinks this sniffs a bit of them biting off more than they can chew, and fighting a losing battel. I've not heard a single report ever say they have ever had any of the ERS working, and without that the 1250bhp 4WD megacar is nothing more than a 500bhp FWD, bad handling failure :(.

Caporegime
Testing shows them pushing on with the current car and the high down force aero kits. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they turn up next year with a more traditional P1. It would be a shame, although part of me is glad they have failed to make the design work after they screwed over the original Delta Wing. It would be nice to see the most successful Bowlby design be the one he did before Nissan got their claws into him.

The 2012 Delta Wing is one of my all time favourite cars.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not a classic race this unfortunately due to the huge pace advantage enjoyed by Porsche. Audi can only hope for better than 3rd if Porsche have an issue, and Toyota can only hope for better than 5th if something goes really wrong ahead.

Decent GTE race however, though slightly miffed about the number 71's race being destroyed by the 92.

Soldato
Anyone watching Bahrain?

Could be tight for the driver's championship but I'm a tad confused. The commentators seem to think that, should the No.7 Audi win, fourth would be good enough for the No.17 Porsche. There's 12 points between them at the moment so surely fourth isn't good enough and they'd need third?

Soldato
OP
Just looked up the points system:
1st: 25 points
2nd: 18 points
3rd: 15 points
4th: 12 points

I think at the time, the 18 car was leading or would be depending on pit stops. Has made for a good race, but...

TOYOTA COULD BE ON THE PODIUM IN 2015! :p

That I did not expect.

Soldato
Yeah points are the same as F1 but the commentators seem to think there's 13 points in it for the championship when there's 12.

Would be good to see Toyota back on the podium, hopefully both they and Audi can step it up a bit next year and make for a genuine three-way fight.

Soldato
OP
I can't wait for it. I hope Nissan get their mental creation working, Toyota manage their overhaul and both Audi and Porsche do what they do best. Would be great having a race with 10 or more cars battling for the outright win at Le Mans.

Back
Top Bottom