Fiesta 1L Ecoboost

Associate
Looking at a Fiesta 1L Ecoboost for the girlfriend. Anyone have any experience of the real life difference between the 99bhp and 123bhp?

Also how easy are the body trim parts to get hold of second hand or new if cheap enough? I am referring to the front bumper trim, side skirts, rear spoiler and diffuser. Which some models have on the 5 doors.

She doesn't really want a white car but if it had to be white then it has to have the body kit to stop it looking boring and dull.

Soldato
I'd always go for the 125ps model or even the 140ps if funds allow it. The 100ps is nippy, no doubt about it, but the 125ps just gives it a little bit more poke. Depends what you want from the car. Do you want it to be fast or just an A2B city car?

The body kit, which i assume you're referring to is the one that comes on the specced Titanium models and the Zetec S. This would be a front and rear bumper, side skirts, spoiler and 17" wheels. Not really that cheap and may as well buy the car with it on to colour match.

Girlfriend has the Zetec S with the Revo stage 1 mapped for 98 RON. The thing is ridiculous. She holds her own when I'm in my stage 1 Fiesta ST.

Man of Honour
I had the 125ps engine in a Focus and it was a fun little engine. I originally test drove the 100ps engine and found it very underwhelming given the hype the salesguy was giving me. It very much felt like a 1 litre engine and would be very tedious to drive as a daily driver, putting your foot down didn't really do much at all.

With the 125ps engine however, you can have lots of fun with it. It never once felt like a small 1 litre engine, and people were always amazed when they asked about the engine and I told them. It even sounds pretty pleasant at higher revs

The economy isn't anywhere near what they advertise (shock horror), I would average 40-42, but they tell you you'll easily get 55-58.

Associate
OP
Well the car is just a daily runabout for work and taking the kid to school in town. Mainly city for the kid and A/B roads for work. About 10k a year.

Trouble is her A4 02 plate diesel had an injector go and on top of other repairs it was becoming a money pit so quickly bought a 06 plate 1.6 petrol Focus. In her eyes the A4 had F1 performance and the focus is dog slow which it is.

The Focus was only temporary so it's now being replaced but she just doesn't want a slow feeling car and wants a diesel. I am trying to make her get a petrol and don't want her to test a 99bhp and it put her off with it being slow.

Will stick to the 123bhp models!

Will scrap the idea of the body kit and just get a colour she likes. Looking at 13/14 plate Titanium and Titanium X models.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
My Mum drives the Titanium spec model that I get to drive quite often. It is quick enough, fun to drive and has a decent amount of extras. Honestly if I was just looking for a car and didn't care about performance, it would be top of my list.

as said the economy is more in line with something like a 1.4 mk5 but whatever, it isnt going to break the bank to run it.

Caporegime
Engine felt out of place in the Focus, although I had been test driving 1.6 150/180ps cars as well. I'd imagine the 125ps version in the Fiesta would be plenty good enough.

Associate
Isn't the 98bhp version and the 123bhp version the same minus the mapping?

If so and you're happy to get the car remapped then just get the 98bhp version and go down that route. Looks like it'll be around the 150bhp mark once mapped, should be pretty quick in a light car.

Man of Honour

If so and you're happy to get the car remapped then just get the 98bhp version and go down that route. Looks like it'll be around the 150bhp mark once mapped, should be pretty quick in a light car.

Correct

You can get a map for either engine and they both end up at 140

Associate
The missus has the Red Edition which is 140hp.

Once the turbo starts spooling it does move along quite quickly....especially considering it's 1 liter 3cyl engine.

Looking to get some mountune parts fitted and a Revo remap and it should be good for a reliable 165hp.

It also handles great to...not overly stiff that it bounces you along the road when things get bumpy.

Associate
OP
Good to know that they remap easily and quite well too!

Have the Z4 for fun so not really sure about whether the remapping will be necessary. Thanks for all the information.

Soldato
This thread has me looking now. I had the MK7 zetec S 1.6, I liked the car was a nice place to be but it lacked that bit of poke only having 120ps didn't know the new engine was so easily tuneable up to 165

from mountune:

mp165:
This upgrade can be fitted to any model year of Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost (125PS model only) and Red / Black edition (140PS model), new or used, and has a minimum 12 months/12,000-mile warranty on parts supplied against manufacturing defects.
In addition, all silicone hoses used as part of this upgrade kit are also backed by SamcoSport's limited lifetime warranty.

mp135:
This upgrade can be fitted to any model year of Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost (125PS model only), new or used, and has a minimum 12 months/12,000-mile warranty on parts supplied against manufacturing defects and is the only performance upgrade that will not affect your manufacturer base vehicle warranty.

Last edited:
Associate
Had a fiesta titanium ecoboost as a courtesy car whilst mine was having it's service. I don't know which power output it was, but it seemed very capable and sounded pretty good higher up the rev range.

If I wanted a bog standard small hatch one of these would be on my list for sure, probably along with the 1.2tsi polo/ibiza/fabia.

Caporegime
I'd always go for the 125ps model or even the 140ps if funds allow it. The 100ps is nippy, no doubt about it, but the 125ps just gives it a little bit more poke. Depends what you want from the car. Do you want it to be fast or just an A2B city car?

The body kit, which i assume you're referring to is the one that comes on the specced Titanium models and the Zetec S. This would be a front and rear bumper, side skirts, spoiler and 17" wheels. Not really that cheap and may as well buy the car with it on to colour match.

Girlfriend has the Zetec S with the Revo stage 1 mapped for 98 RON. The thing is ridiculous. She holds her own when I'm in my stage 1 Fiesta ST.

Even though the stage 1 ST has ~55 more horses? :confused:

Associate
Correct

You can get a map for either engine and they both end up at 140

Incorrect. The turbine in the turbo on the 123bhp version is made from a stronger more expensive alloy compared to the 98bhp one

Back
Top Bottom