FIFA 08 Official Thread

Soldato
FIFA 08 Official Thread

3359530xnj9.jpg
61ruawuavllss400or9.jpg
]
3359535xcm2.jpg

With the official release of FIFA 08 today, I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread for all FIFA related info. To get the ball rolling (excuse the pun) here are a few useful links (well, opne useful link):

Xbox 360 Achievement list

I hope this doesn't turn into a FIFA vs PES war. This is one year where I will be getting both as they both have their good points :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I know you haven't asked this to be turned into a war, but I have bought FIFA08 this morning knowing that I will only have it a month when it will be traded in for PES2008.

I'll give it a chance and see how it goes in the meantime. Got back home with only to find the sneaky shop guy had given me a box which had been smashed to bits :mad: Anyway I cba going all the way back into town to get it replaced so just stuck it in another case.

Will probably be up for some online games after a bit of practice.

Caporegime
Getting mine tonight, gave some of my old games to my friend, she's gonna trade them in and get me a staff discount on it so it should only cost me £30 less traded games.

Can't wait.

Soldato
I'm glad some of the achievements have been put on harder difficulties, my pet-hate of Fifa 07 was that half of the achievements were on Semi-Pro and I always played on World Class or Legendary (whatever the hardest was).

If I turned it down to Semi-Pro I'd end up winning 10-0 and Man of the Match would always be a striker... making it damned hard to get 50 Defender MoTM awards.

Soldato
Got it yesterday after preordering it from a highstreet retailer online (£34.99 using an online voucher code :D). One word for this game: Awesome. Coming from Pro Evo 5 and 6 I thought I'd naturally be going for PES2008 and that FIFA would be a pile of turd. I was wrong.

Graphics and gameplay both great, I'm finding it pretty difficult to score on Pro difficulty whereas I'd be knocking 3-5 in a game on World Class on Pro Evo, so I'm liking the extra challenge. It's also nice to play with teams using the official kits. Not essential to a game, but a nice touch.

At the moment I can't recommend this game enough.

Associate
Just bought it from Harvest is when I need you the most. Only one more season. This year we'll make enough on the harvest so I'll be able to hire some more hands. And then you can go to the Academy next year. :confused: Will play when I get home.
Demo seemed ok. Liked the left trigger right analogue tricks.

No competitors.

Zefan.

Soldato
Just bought it from Harvest is when I need you the most. Only one more season. This year we'll make enough on the harvest so I'll be able to hire some more hands. And then you can go to the Academy next year. :confused: Will play when I get home.

No competitors.

Zefan.

But I wanted to go to Tashi station to get pick up some power converters!

Soldato

No competitors.

Zefan.

Thats.... different....

Permabanned
My 360 Elite arrived today, and my FIFA08 arrived the day before. (Freebie site, dont ask - cant complain really.)

Hearing a great deal of positive comments regarding FIFA08, can't wait to get home from work and see if it lives up to the hype :D

Permabanned
Got Fifa 2008 for PS3 yesterday , this game is terrible , very disappointed :mad: , can you play internation games on Fifa 2008 ?

What`s happend to the ref , he is not on the pitch ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom