FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 **spoilers** [20th July - 20th August 2023]

Man of Honour
0q1ZRcU.png

Group Stage England Fixtures:

Group Stage Fixtures:

tPmw9lC.jpg

Info:

Given some of your previous posts I'm not sure how disappointed you really are about the kick-off times. I am sure that you're aware that we had a men's world cup in Japan in 2002 where matches were kicking off broadly at the same time (some matched were earlier in fact) and we are off to America in 3 years where its being reported that matches will have to be played all through the night in Europe. And by all through the night I've seen reports that games could be kicking off as late as 10pm on the West Coast.

Fifa don't cater just for Europeans, in fact the relationship between Fifa and European nations is generally pretty **** and like them or not, they're pretty big on the whole 'football is for the world' guff.

Given some of your previous posts I'm not sure how disappointed you really are about the kick-off times. I am sure that you're aware that we had a men's world cup in Japan in 2002 where matches were kicking off broadly at the same time (some matched were earlier in fact) and we are off to America in 3 years where its being reported that matches will have to be played all through the night in Europe. And by all through the night I've seen reports that games could be kicking off as late as 10pm on the West Coast.

Fifa don't cater just for Europeans, in fact the relationship between Fifa and European nations is generally pretty **** and like them or not, they're pretty big on the whole 'football is for the world' guff.
Previous posts.... Typical Baz. I've been watching women's football since the world cup in Canada in 2015 buddy.

Previous posts.... Typical Baz. I've been watching women's football since the world cup in Canada in 2015 buddy.
You can excuse my cynicism given that every post in the women's euros thread from you was ****ing on womens football. Anyway that's 8 years worth of womens football more than me. With that sort of dedication you won't have any problem setting your alarm so that you can wake up early to watch the matches with your bowl of coco pops.

I just can't get that excited about a level of football that I wouldn't watch in the mens game. I will watch a few England womens games if I have time or we do well in the tournament but it just doesn't hold the same appeal. I watch elite sport for the bleeding edge. Thats almost always mens sports.

I just can't get that excited about a level of football that I wouldn't watch in the mens game. I will watch a few England womens games if I have time or we do well in the tournament but it just doesn't hold the same appeal. I watch elite sport for the bleeding edge. That's almost always men's sports.

Understandable, it will never be of the standard of the men's game, but the reason I found it good to watch was the entertainment, most games were end to end, getting the ball and attacking, taking players on, etc etc. None of the passing sideways, keeping the ball all day. Let's not kid ourselves; how many men's matches are great? Super Sundays are usually the most boring matches.

Most men won't even watch because it's women playing, which is ridiculous.

I wish they reduced the size of the goals for the women's game, as that's the central part that sticks out, the poor goalkeeping.

You can excuse my cynicism given that every post in the women's euros thread from you was ****ing on womens football. Anyway that's 8 years worth of womens football more than me. With that sort of dedication you won't have any problem setting your alarm so that you can wake up early to watch the matches with your bowl of coco pops.
Oh to live that dream

Looking forward to it, will be a million times less play acting and downright cheating than in the men's game.

As Baz said though the most glaring difference is the goalkeeping, it's terrible in the women's game and the size of the keepers is the issue, most male keepers are 6'4"+ where the women aren't even 5'10"

Back
Top Bottom