FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 **spoilers** [20th July - 20th August 2023]

I don't follow any of the tabloid press but a mate of mine in Ireland has been sending me stories about some of their players. One was in a relationship with another then they broke up. The other one went on holiday with her new Mrs who is a teammate at Arsenal and plays for Australia. Original chick wasn't happy and refused to shake her hand when they played the other night. Drama :D

Identical storyline coming soon to an Albert Square near you !

What's going on here then? :confused:

Was this a man who has transitioned to non binary and now playing for a women's team or is it a woman who has transitioned to non binary and continues to play for a women's team?

What's going on here then? :confused:

Was this a man who has transitioned to non binary and now playing for a women's team or is it a woman who has transitioned to non binary and continues to play for a women's team?
there's no advantage.
explained on their wikipedia page:

Given some of your previous posts I'm not sure how disappointed you really are about the kick-off times. I am sure that you're aware that we had a men's world cup in Japan in 2002 where matches were kicking off broadly at the same time (some matched were earlier in fact) and we are off to America in 3 years where its being reported that matches will have to be played all through the night in Europe. And by all through the night I've seen reports that games could be kicking off as late as 10pm on the West Coast.

I remember we played Nigeria at like 06:30 or something in the Japan world cup. I was watching in bed as I booked the week off work to watch the WC, and literally fell asleep during the game.
Atlanta Olympics in 1996 had an awesome football tournament I remember staying up to like 3am to watch Nigeria, Argentina etc.

There are 3 matches a day and broadcasters will want a minimum of 2.5hrs between matches. So realistically that means you need a 7hr window for the matches. They aren't going to play matches very late/early in the day because that won't work for the fans in the stadium.
The reality is the east of Australia is 9hrs ahead of us (it's lucky in a way because it would be more at a different time of year), they are hardly going to say "OK ladies we are playing at 5am so the poms can watch at 8pm".

Think England have lost too many of their better players to injury - a shadow of their Euro selves and Russo seems to have lost form (i.e. off a cliff !) at the wrong time also.

Cant see them getting much further.

Last edited:
Watched a bit of the last couple of days, standard not the best but there’s significantly less cheating than the men’s game from what I’ve seen.

USA aside, plenty of cheating going on from them.

• Haha
Reactions: fez
Back
Top Bottom