FIFA World Cup 2014 - GROUP A [Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon - 12/13/17/18/23 June] **spoilers**

Don
Brazil are a very over-rated team imo. Semi-finals would be my prediction for them. They have one great player in their team and thats T. Silva, Unless Neymar has an outstanding WC i dont think they will win it.

Neymar is their outstanding player, his stats for Brazil are second to none. Forget his Barce season.

They were a different class to Spain in the Confed Cup and I expect Spain to be in the semi's.

Soldato
There are so few genuinely excellent teams in the competition though. Brazil are a much better balanced team than Argentina, are more solid than Spain, and are less of an unknown quantity than Germany. They also have home advantage (albeit they need to deal with the pressure that provides).

My money's on Spain again for the tournament, but it's a really tough one to call.

Ye i dont see any clear winner, i think Germany have the best balanced team from back to front though. Just a matter of putting it altogether when it counts and i think they can win it.

Argentina have a great attack, probably the best attack of the tournament but they are a bit light in midfield and defence i think.

Spain will be there or there about as they got quality through out the whole team.

Soldato
I've gone out on a limb and got Spain not to get out of their group!

That's the thing - I really don't know how any of the big teams are going to do this time, they've all gone through pretty significant transitions in the last 4 years, possibly with the exception of Germany who may/may not be ready to win it this time. Spain aren't transitional, but their brand of football has been found out at club level - will it be the same internationally?

I've got money on France or Italy to get to the final. I think somebody's going to surprise us this year.

Soldato
That's the thing - I really don't know how any of the big teams are going to do this time, they've all gone through pretty significant transitions in the last 4 years, possibly with the exception of Germany who may/may not be ready to win it this time. Spain aren't transitional, but their brand of football has been found out at club level - will it be the same internationally?

I've got money on France or Italy to get to the final. I think somebody's going to surprise us this year.

I'm italian, normally the further we go in a tournament the stronger we get. Think we will have a very good tournament or a very bad one. There is no middle ground with Italy :D

I also backed France to reach the final as they may surprise quite a few people.

Back
Top Bottom