FIFA World Cup 2018 - 3rd/4th Place Play-off [14 July] **spoilers**

Soldato
Were I Southgate, I would drop Sterling, Alli, Walker, Rose and Young. Put Trent-Arnold at right-back and give Ryan Sessegnon a chance as the left wing back. But, we really need a creative midfield player, someone with vision and awareness, the ability to pick out players and open up defences, sadly we can't fill that position at present.

Soldato
Were I Southgate, I would drop Sterling, Alli, Walker, Rose and Young. Put Trent-Arnold at right-back and give Ryan Sessegnon a chance as the left wing back. But, we really need a creative midfield player, someone with vision and awareness, the ability to pick out players and open up defences, sadly we can't fill that position at present.

Id drop Delph and Dier as well and bring in Winks.

Man of Honour

I think it telling some of those spent more time doing silly celebrations than actually producing.

Walker I've mixed feelings - produced some moments of brilliance but also made some basic costly errors so maybe room for improvement if it was nerves or something. Rose and Young didn't really do anything wrong but Rose especially seemed to lack vision almost dragging play backwards 9 out of 10 times he was involved in the game - not sure if that was lack on his part or a lack from other players to enable him to do anything but others like Trippier managed to do more when playing in a similar position.

Caporegime

Why would you replace our best player in the competition, Trippier?

Dele needs play in his best position which is behind behind Kane, so by all means drop Sterling. Sessegnon will hopefully have a good season in the PL and will surely get a look in.

Don

You know the majority of football fans wouldn't have heard about Sessengon if it wasn't for his goals, the majority of which were scored at LW/Inside forward. So there is no point sticking him at left wing back.

Soldato
At the start of the tournament I would have been more than happy with a 4th place. However, we have certainly miised a chance of a cup win with how things panned out.
This French team would have battered England worse than Croatia imo - would have been nice to have gotten to the final, but Croatia today were much better against France than they were against England and were more than worthy of the final - fought to the death and well done for doing that (esp after 3* ET in the last few games)

That Lloris blunder was really funny - no idea how he managed to do it but still funny

Soldato
Why would you replace our best player in the competition, Trippier?

Dele needs play in his best position which is behind behind Kane, so by all means drop Sterling. Sessegnon will hopefully have a good season in the PL and will surely get a look in.

Never made any mention of the right wingback.

Man of Honour
This French team would have battered England worse than Croatia imo - would have been nice to have gotten to the final, but Croatia today were much better against France than they were against England and were more than worthy of the final - fought to the death and well done for doing that (esp after 3* ET in the last few games)

That Lloris blunder was really funny - no idea how he managed to do it but still funny

I dunno - if we turned up in the form like against Croatia we wouldn't have stood a chance but the form earlier in the tournament was more inspiring - we definitely have the players to unlock France's defence if they are on their A game - but the lineups we've seen played so far have pretty much no answer, other than hoping for a miracle from Pickford, for France on a clean break - it would probably come down to Pickford leaving his line and tackling Mbappe in the middle of our half LOL.

Back
Top Bottom