FIFA World Cup 2018 - Semi-finals [10/11 July] **spoilers**

Caporegime
If anyone is annoyed by the potato quality of the ITV stream, google a Scottish postcode and use the STV Player, or if you have Sky ITV is on Sky Go and the quality is very good.

Soldato
Locky's the new Pigeon, he's always wrong. He does the same in the boxing thread too.

It’s such a pathetic and obvious agenda too. The guy must be so miserable, I feel sorry for him.

England have every potential to win this World Cup. It’s unusual to be able to say that comfortably and without doubt...but there can be no doubt.

The team has a plan and a system that works. They’re young and hungry with level headed and experienced people guiding them. Their potential is currently unknown and that is wonderful considering the level they’re already at.

Most importantly though they have a belief and confidence that is now infecting everyone back home. The ‘it’s coming home’ brigade isn’t a joke anymore....it’s a belief.

Such chemistry, confidence and enjoyment from an international team is rare. In an England team it’s unheard of. To top it off, they can ******* play. The players are not just individually playing well but the team play is sublime.

Euro 2020 and World Cup 2022 are going to be even more interesting tournaments for this far from maturing England team. That prospect is overwhelmingly exciting.

How anyone can be questioning how well England have performed in this World Cup is mind boggling.

Caporegime
If you asked ANYONE on the streets back at the start of the tournament 'Will England get to the Semi Final?' they'd have said 'no chance'. Except maybe one or two completely delusional fans. Even if they do go out in the Semi Final you can't say England should have done better. It's the Semi Final of the WORLD CUP! If they win it, well, Arise Sir Gareth Southgate is all I can say!

Man of Honour
If you asked ANYONE on the streets back at the start of the tournament 'Will England get to the Semi Final?' they'd have said 'no chance'. Except maybe one or two completely delusional fans. Even if they do go out in the Semi Final you can't say England should have done better. It's the Semi Final of the WORLD CUP! If they win it, well, Arise Sir Gareth Southgate is all I can say!
No middle ground with England it seems, you're either drowning in pessimism or drowning in hype.

Currently.. ITS ALL HYPE BOYS, ITS COMING HOME

Soldato
If England win tomorrow it's going to be a very expensive week for me. Promised friends and family a big BBQ (I don't actually own a BBQ!) with lots of drink and bunting.
Well the kids want to put the bunting up.

Back
Top Bottom