***FIFA11 PS3 10v10 Club***

OK played a few earlier and had some fun after having to reboot my router to get a better connection. Its weird but I swear the ratio of player sizes vs the pitch is different to the normal game so it feels like you have less space. Being forced to use default camera when I use a custom height/zoom doesnt help (why stop this?).

Club epitomises FIFA 11, like FIFA 10 Club didnt reflect the main game - you have to play slower as you just wont have enough stamina throughout the game and you cant just run from box to box. You pick your time when to use your speed to maximise chances.

And with that speed isnt everything, you can easily slow a player while defending and take the ball off them but unlike FIFA 10 because of the stamina restrictions you are forced to play slower. Playing slower obviously has its own rewards and maximises your accuracy and balance/strength.

Im liking it, but boy is it hard, forget thinking skills are clever, just keeping the ball and getting away from multiple opponents with the ball is hard enough without trying to show off (and failing most of the time). Passing is just as hard as normal 11 but with lower rated players you need to far more precise and ensure they can actually accept the pass (make it simple!)...

Sorry I sucked so bad - just felt a bit out of my depth and let you lot control the play while I got to speed. I do think though that we may outgrow 433 depending on people and how effective crosses/headers remain to be. I also think perhaps considering a Human ANY might be an idea because, as above, its not that easy to be hit by a quick counter unless the defensive line is too high...

Finally Finesse Shot fails while Chipped Through Balls dont :)

Couple of Questions:
1) The Captain only controls the defence so even if Im not captain pressing Circle does nothing right? I still do it and its a bad habit from 10.
2) Why you have a deep FK and the CPU takes it am I right in thinking that some players just cant hit it hard enough? A fw times when I requested the ball from a FK (so it didnt pass to nearest player as 10) it was always too weak - was I just too far away from the taker?
3) Any other advice/tips on my poor play? Especially crossing/set piece tips...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Some good points ps3ud0, apparently if a human controls ANY this causes lag. I think a human central midfielder is key to win the second balls and track the runs from the human opposition. Also the CPU is knocked off the ball easily so it's good to find space and request a pass before they inevitably lose the ball. It'll take time by the 3rd/4th game we played better together which was good. I can next play on Thursday.

Im liking it, but boy is it hard, forget thinking skills are clever, just keeping the ball and getting away from multiple opponents with the ball is hard enough without trying to show off (and failing most of the time). Passing is just as hard as normal 11 but with lower rated players you need to far more precise and ensure they can actually accept the pass (make it simple!)...

this is what i found when i was doing 11v11 in ffa on pro mode.

i could get the ball. run about 4 yards in a direction and punt the ball to a teammate - who would then instantly lose it by being tackled. or i would be tackled before the ball left my feet.

i dont know if its the PS3 pad, but using R1 R2 and L1 and L2 whilst maintaining control of the analogue sticks requires some kind of origami finger art going on. its a lot harder to execute good things than PES is.

my issue is defending, i dont seem to be able to run in and tackle my opponent. on PES id swoop in with a player and literally just take the ball from my opponents toes, or slide in front of him forcing him to lose the ball if he runs into me, or making him turn/pass sideways. i dont know if its because the controls are analogue or if the player sprites are literally smaller in relation to the pitch size on fifa compared to PES but to be useful to a team this is something i really need to work on.

but i do think that having an 'ANY' player is essential like i said previously to do the sweeping to avoid the CPU from picking up the ball and trying to do too much (read anything and getting confused by forwards or wide midfielders from requestng a pass at the wrong time).

ive played maybe 20-30 online games in pro mode and people selectign ANY (which happens most games, but not all) has not given me a noticeable amount of lag/

Back
Top Bottom