***FIFA11 PS3 10v10 Club***

We generally play late evening most days and normally prefer to play in 3-5/6player teams - still working out how to our tactics will work etc, having a human ANY looks like an inevitability though, so be prepared to play there though we wont ask straight from the off

ya im over 80 now, thing is i play football monday and thursday night which limits my ability to go online - although i was yesterday after football.

thing is i want to become good before i actually play with the team. i dont want to join, play terrible and then u say, 'nah mate your no good' and then i never get back in. its been a steep learning curve for me coming from pes and going analogue for the first time (as i only used DPAD on PES, and the only other game ive ever had and used analogue is MW2 ever...)

but i now have my headset, i have ovr80, im getting better so nerly ready to rock and roll.

I must say - dont have high expectations of us - we are all just average/good at FIFA but have learnt to play as a team over a number of years. You dont need to be awesome, just play it simple when it needs to be and play balls not just because you are going to be tackled but because someone else is in a better position (just like you pointed out in the other thread).

If it doesnt get there it doesnt matter or if you go for something ambitious just think about it more next time - its quite obvious from attitude and just general play, who can get better and become a team mate from practise within the team and whom just wont gel...

Im sure jojo can vouch on the above...

My personal peeve is when people just try and do something on their own but its obvious someones in a better position (a good example Ive noticed is attempting the cross at byline when an earlier simple ball to feet of someone else in the team means they have a clear shot on goal before the opposition regroup) and they just concede possession because their trick or ambitious pass/shot doesnt work. If you continual do it - trust me Ill mention it ;)

P.S. Not all of us are on every night, so when you can come on let it be known here or in the chatroom or a message to a regular. Its obvious when we are clubbing if the regulars are all in FIFA at the same time and will attempt to get you in when we get the chance...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
I must say - dont have high expectations of us - we are all just average/good at FIFA but have learnt to play as a team over a number of years. You dont need to be awesome, just play it simple when it needs to be and play balls not just because you are going to be tackled but because someone else is in a better position (just like you pointed out in the other thread).

If it doesnt get there it doesnt matter or if you go for something ambitious just think about it more next time - its quite obvious from attitude and just general play, who can get better and become a team mate from practise within the team and whom just wont gel...

Im sure jojo can vouch on the above...

Yep, I'm not the best individual player but i'm more than willing to put a shift in for the team. As someone who is new to online club one massive thing that you need is to be disciplined in your position. For example central midfielders need to get back and cover runs etc. My VP is pretty awesome now but I need to score some volleys, free kicks (hardly win any!) and play in defense a bit more.

Ill make sure dead balls are rotated - it doesnt appear to happen when people are automatically selected for it - though I guess it should choose the best specced VP...

Last edited:
Ill make sure dead balls are rotated - it doesnt appear to happen when people are automatically selected for it - though I guess it should choose the best specced VP...

I was just about to mention that, one thing I was pleased with the other day was Jojo rotating the free kicks, it was quite a shock as I'm sure I can think of 2 or 3 people who we play with semi regularly who would never have done that... :p

I have reached 81 overall. Is it the one that shows on the blackboard at the start?

I have been playing every night since i got the game but dont have any of you guys on my friends list.

PSN: Demondoguk

Dont rely on my freekicking ability though as I havent scored yet with them :(

I dont mind which position I use as I just enjoy playing in a team and I have a mic too.

I will be on from about 10pm ish. (Depending on kids)

Who else wants an invite? I know a few people have hit 80 but for one reason or another havent been invited.

Make sure to add the regs into your FL - Ill send the chatroom invites to when prompted...

EDIT: HTK saw your message - of course...

I think the only other person that needs adding currently is G-Man. I think that Nick G will ask us when he is ready. Hello Mr HTK, welcome back. :)

EDIT: Just a quick edit, I'll be online tomorrow evening probably from 6pm onwards and will most definitely be looking to get more people involved tomorrow. Hopefully we'll see Jojo, Baplad, Jonny and Pol online, Skip should be on next week too and I wouldn't mind seeing G-Man on as well if possible. Oh, and I've just been reading the Xbox 360 club thread... quite funny how when this thread was set up we were savaged with posts saying how unfair it was that we were setting requirements, that it wasn't up to us to say who could and couldn't play (lol) and that we were being harsh. Well, it turns out that their club has totally gone balls up due to in-fighting, lack of communication, making the club public to any player (big mistake) and people never sharing positions which is something that we have said will 100% be in effect from day one, so I'd just like to take a moment to point out that we were right and they were wrong.

*ahem* :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom