Filling time at the weekend

Caporegime
Due to life circumstances I'm now without any real 'friends' and no partner (recent)
In a new location too

I'm not going to go to a club on my own, I just won't enjoy it, I'm no good approaching strangers and starting conversations.

During the week I'm ok as I have enough to fill my time with work+gym+food+tv/game then it's time to sleep

During the weekend I'll have more time than I know what to do with.
This is worse for me than it seems as I will dwell on past events and over think

I used to spend all weekend with my old partner. Maybe stuff with dog, going cinema, films, day out. But all couple things.
Obviously none of these are options now!

I'm not really in mindset to do a course for career at present.

Tl:dr

No friends, new location, anxious personality
Too much time at weekend
How to I keep my mind off the past?

Weekends are far too short.

1) Pick up a new sport/fitness goal/hobby. Perhaps start running and aim to do a half marathon, or join a soccer club, start a tennis course, swimming.

2) get more involved with cooking. I can happily spend hours on a wekend preparing a feast.

3) Hiking/walking/ Spend thw heolstaurday walking n the countryside. Now you only have 1 day of weekend left.

4). Tend to your garden. I loose several hours a week just mowing the lawn and doing a bit of cleaning. Really I should be spending many more hours out there.

5) A hobby like photography, woodwork

6) go to museums, historic buildings, exhibitions, parks, fairs.

7) learn a new skill or language

8). travel, go to the coast, or the lakes, sottish highlands. Long weekend on the continent.

9) DIY. Upgrade your bathroom/garden/painting bedroom

Associate
Think of a talent someone else you know and like has that makes you go ooh I wish I could do that.

Be it a musical instrument, drawing, painting, writing. Skydiving or kite flying. Whatever.

I'm rubbish at playing guitar because I don't have a musical bone in my body. But I learnt as much as my limited talent would allow and enjoy picking up a guitar every now and then to pass an hour or two on. I'm no artist either but I wanted to learn sketching techniques so I could pass on an hour or so. I YouTube'd some tutorials and learned as much as I could given my innate lack of artistic talent.

Just doing scuba isn't going to consume your time enough I feel. Try running a few smaller things concurrently to keep your interest levels up and saturate your time. You'll be surprised how much you can learn and with enough patience you'll find lots of things to stop you being bored.

*posted from a hotel room with literally nothing to do except dwell on the past*

Man of Honour
Weekends are far too short.

1) Pick up a new sport/fitness goal/hobby. Perhaps start running and aim to do a half marathon, or join a soccer club, start a tennis course, swimming.

2) get more involved with cooking. I can happily spend hours on a wekend preparing a feast.

3) Hiking/walking/ Spend thw heolstaurday walking n the countryside. Now you only have 1 day of weekend left.

4). Tend to your garden. I loose several hours a week just mowing the lawn and doing a bit of cleaning. Really I should be spending many more hours out there.

5) A hobby like photography, woodwork

6) go to museums, historic buildings, exhibitions, parks, fairs.

7) learn a new skill or language

8). travel, go to the coast, or the lakes, sottish highlands. Long weekend on the continent.

9) DIY. Upgrade your bathroom/garden/painting bedroom

None of that is very social though or facilitates meeting lots of people.

Soldato
Join a shooting club, My Thursday nights and Sunday morning's are taken up with this and I personally find it a lot of fun, relaxing and helps me focus. Also its not expensive.

Thursdays are fullbore/Small bore rifle/pistol and Sundays are airguns. Eventually when I get my cert I want to get out in the countryside hunting vermin at the weekends. Both clubs have a great set of lads and ladies and the banter is top notch.

Soldato
have thought about this even when i was in a relationship. one thing i always wondered, once it is actually built, youve flown it a bit..what do you move onto? stunts? photography?

I love multirotors, but its no substitute for human interaction. I guess it can lead to meets etc but you're highly unlikely to replace the ex (or maybe you are, idk!).

Buy. Build. Fly. Crash. Repeat.

Soldato
sounds quite pricey? it would definitely fill time. Is it that sociable? Im more than happy with just making a couple of friends.

It's not overly pricey though can be as expensive as you want it to be.
1. Get a used set of irons (don't buy anyone's **** castoff full sets, chances are they'll not be of benefit to you). If you are wildly over or under 6ft tall you may need them customised a little for you. Irons like callaway x-12 x-14 etc etc range is ideal for beginners. Buy a fairly cheap putter to get started too.
get to a local range and book a couple of beginner lessons, you will know fairly quickly if you are going to enjoy the challenge.

2. If 1 works out, buy a pair of golf shoes, a bag , maybe a fairway wood and eventually a driver (very hard to master as a relative newb to the game)and begin building up all the kit required to play on a course. This way you can spread the cost across months rather than 1 big lump. (To buy the majority of what you need Inc a set of irons etc budget 300-500 quid hence spread it)

3. Once happy you aren't going to give up and start hitting reasonable shots with some sort of regularity maybe look at joining a cheap local municipal course or at least get some games in, the likes of the golf monthly mag forum has members everywhere and organising a game is usually quite easy and if you play your cards right sometimes get invited to their own club which can be quite cheap when you play with a member there.

Moving on from that competitive handicap golf is where it's at. Once you can play to a 28 handicap or better, it's time to try win a trophy or two plus the odd couple of quid credit to spend on new kit.
All this while you will have mixed with dozens of new people and some will be worth sticking with to maybe get out frequently with and maybe have the odd pint with.

Last edited:
Soldato
Take up alcohol and fapping on the net or cam4 etc on the Saturday! ;)

Sunday go to church and repent your sins and meet people. :p

Weekend filled win win! :D

Back
Top Bottom