Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - Now on Steam & Epic Games

Associate
Never said it was a remaster?

I know, but it still rankles that despite it offering some additional content (and changing the story to make no sense to me with the Zach element) I just want the entire game before playing it. FF7 wasn't my favourite to begin with, preferred my play throughs on the SNES ones, but still. I don't mind paying £15 for it, but definitely not £70 but then again I wouldn't pay £70 for a single game anyway regardless. I will likely give in and play it at some point before the full lot is released, and then moan about it anyway, at least the Yuffie DLC will be interesting as she was a random character in the original, I just hope they don't shoehorn story in for her where it's not needed. I'm admittedly a bit of a purist when it comes to remakes though, so I'll never be happy.

Zack was in the original version although his side story was mostly hidden but he was in there from the start ... spoiler for how his last scene in the original
pretty sure he was also meant to be Aeirth 1st boyfriend or something along those line's:cry:They have added a lot of other npc characters though which i hadn't seen before as never played any of the spin offs like crisis core etc , i suppose they are trying to expand on the story here .
Agree i would absolutely prefer if they released the game as one rather than in episodes which is going to take them years to get through and probably finish up on the PS6 at this rate:rolleyes: FF7,8,9 and Tactics are absolute classics for me , still not gone through 1-6 yet though ...
£70 is a bit of a **** take considering its been out nearly 2 years on PS and they also gave it away for free on PS4 last year with the ps plus subscription BUT imo it probably has £70 worth of content as long as you enjoy the Final Fantasy series and haven't played this remake before . Yuffie DLC is decent for sure and had loads of fun doing the Fort condor side quest game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Zack was in the original version although his side story was mostly hidden but he was in there from the start ... spoiler for how his last scene in the original
pretty sure he was also meant to be Aeirth 1st boyfriend or something along those line's:cry:They have added a lot of other npc characters though which i hadn't seen before as never played any of the spin offs like crisis core etc , i suppose they are trying to expand on the story here .
Agree i would absolutely prefer if they released the game as one rather than in episodes which is going to take them years to get through and probably finish up on the PS6 at this rate:rolleyes: FF7,8,9 and Tactics are absolute classics for me , still not gone through 1-6 yet though ...
£70 is a bit of a **** take considering its been out nearly 2 years on PS and they also gave it away for free on PS4 last year with the ps plus subscription BUT imo it probably has £70 worth of content as long as you enjoy the Final Fantasy series and haven't played this remake before . Yuffie DLC is decent for sure and had loads of fun doing the Fort condor side quest game.

Yourspoiler is the whole point of what I don't like about the remake... They undo it.

He's alive in the remake, and that was the whole point, it just ruins great character development, as a lot of what Cloud is was because of Zack death.

1-6 are well worth a playthrough, 3,4,5,6 in particular. As long as you're not fussy about graphics that is haha.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't see the logic in going after the consumers who just wanted to support the development of a game. Do you think Epic can do no wrong ? Nevermind, rhetorical question.

The only person declaring their love for a distribution service was you, so it's a little odd to be pointing the finger at me and telling ME to stop licking boots of steam. I don't care about steam. If FF7 was made available on gog, uplay, origin, xbox etc I'd still consider it. Its not about steam lol.

If you pre-order you open yourself up to game abuse, everyone knows that. It's the devs who sold pre-order Lemmings down the river when they wentr Epic exclusive. Nope I think Epic are like every other platform, they have flaws, I love their free games, I've never given them a penny. But unlike some I'm not crying because everything isn't on Steam.

You got triggered beecause I said I loved Epic because they'd given me lots of free games, and then bashed Steam a bit. It's obvious really that I don't "love" a storefront, just the freebies, but yeah I guess that makes me a defender of all things Epic.

As for crying about too many platforrms, there's plenty of people around who have cried about that and don't like Steam having any competition.

Nothing to do with steam and everything to do with epic. Eurgh, look, fragmentation is not a choice, you're being lied to. Same thing is happening right now with VOD; content being taken from netflix for disney/paramount/others to host on their own services because they want a bigger piece of the pie and all that results in is more expense for us. There's no more choice than there was before, that's an illusion. You still consume, or you don't. REAL choice is a game being available on multiple platforms so you can CHOOSE to buy it on whatever you like. Competition is choice. Competition is good.

I don't even where to start with this BS.

Associate
I don't see the logic in going after the consumers who just wanted to support the development of a game. Do you think Epic can do no wrong ? Nevermind, rhetorical question.

The only person declaring their love for a distribution service was you, so it's a little odd to be pointing the finger at me and telling ME to stop licking boots of steam. I don't care about steam. If FF7 was made available on gog, uplay, origin, xbox etc I'd still consider it. Its not about steam lol.

If you pre-order you open yourself up to game abuse, everyone knows that. It's the devs who sold pre-order Lemmings down the river when they wentr Epic exclusive. Nope I think Epic are like every other platform, they have flaws, I love their free games, I've never given them a penny. But unlike some I'm not crying because everything isn't on Steam.

You got triggered beecause I said I loved Epic because they'd given me lots of free games, and then bashed Steam a bit. It's obvious really that I don't "love" a storefront, just the freebies, but yeah I guess that makes me a defender of all things Epic.

As for crying about too many platforrms, there's plenty of people around who have cried about that and don't like Steam having any competition.

Nothing to do with steam and everything to do with epic. Eurgh, look, fragmentation is not a choice, you're being lied to. Same thing is happening right now with VOD; content being taken from netflix for disney/paramount/others to host on their own services because they want a bigger piece of the pie and all that results in is more expense for us. There's no more choice than there was before, that's an illusion. You still consume, or you don't. REAL choice is a game being available on multiple platforms so you can CHOOSE to buy it on whatever you like. Competition is choice. Competition is good.

I don't even where to start with this BS.

Absolutely 100% agree with this post. As for the last paragraph which was in response to my post, yeah I'm not sure you understand how a business works nor do I have the time or care enough to explain it. Let's just agree to disagree.

Soldato

Voting with your wallet isnt crying. That was all that was said until you started calling people babies. Don't try to take the moral highground when your first course of action is to call people names and suggest they're licking the boots of steam when this has aboluately nothing to do with steam. Makes you look desperate.

As for the last paragraph which was in response to my post,
No it wasn't :confused:
I'm not sure you understand how a business works
Uh, not sure what's difficult to understand. Paid exclusives don't give us more choice. Paid exclusives only lead to more expensive games - that money paid by Epic has to come from somewhere. It fragments the market and that doesnt benefit us. If you want to brush that aside because epic bung you a few free games then fine, go do that. But dont cry when we say we wont entertain the company. It's really simple.

Soldato
Absolutely 100% agree with this post. As for the last paragraph which was in response to my post, yeah I'm not sure you understand how a business works nor do I have the time or care enough to explain it. Let's just agree to disagree.

I definitely agree that you don't know what you're talking about. So i'm glad I don't have to waste any more time explaining things to you.

Soldato
Voting with your wallet isnt crying. That was all that was said until you started calling people babies. Don't try to take the moral highground when your first course of action is to call people names and suggest they're licking the boots of steam when this has aboluately nothing to do with steam. Makes you look desperate.

Aha! now I remember you, you were the guy licking NV boots last year after they cheaped out on VRAM again. You sure do love your fav corps don't you?

Simps gonna simp.

Soldato
No, see, i was very vocal about what NV got wrong and i made it very clear that they should have been taken to task over their lies. In no way did i defend that company's handling of the PR disaster they created. But yet you still tried to accuse me of making excuses for the company. You literally didnt read a word i said. It's all still there for anyone to see. You made yourself look like a total clown then and you're doing it again now. Suprisingly similar tact from you, isn't it? only this time your trying desperately to suggest i have some strage love for steam when i've repeatedly said it's not about steam. It's like you intentally misconstrue what you're reading just so you can have an argument. You haven't changed at all.

Soldato
OP
Never said it was a remaster?

I know, but it still rankles that despite it offering some additional content (and changing the story to make no sense to me with the Zach element) I just want the entire game before playing it. FF7 wasn't my favourite to begin with, preferred my play throughs on the SNES ones, but still. I don't mind paying £15 for it, but definitely not £70 but then again I wouldn't pay £70 for a single game anyway regardless. I will likely give in and play it at some point before the full lot is released, and then moan about it anyway, at least the Yuffie DLC will be interesting as she was a random character in the original, I just hope they don't shoehorn story in for her where it's not needed. I'm admittedly a bit of a purist when it comes to remakes though, so I'll never be happy.

That's right, you didn't. But you did say that you think it's crazy that a remake of a small portion of a game can cost £70. The original has a playtime of around 20-25hrs (played through it earlier this year after nearly 20years). Where as this remake has a playtime of double that - if you only play through it once and skip some of the extra content.

£70 is absolutely expensive, but you do get a full games worth and more, not just a few hours.

The Yuffie DLC covers backstory that's related to FF7s story/universe but also isn't directly relevant if you compare it just to FF7's main game from 97 because it obviously didn't exist then. For £15 (on PS5) I got 20hrs worth from that DLC playing quite slow but there's also additional simulator encounters and the Fort Condor remake as someone else mentioned which was awesome.

1-6 are well worth a playthrough, 3,4,5,6 in particular. As long as you're not fussy about graphics that is haha.

The recently released pixel remasters are pretty amazing if you haven't seen them yet.

Soldato
That's right, you didn't. But you did say that you think it's crazy that a remake of a small portion of a game can cost £70. The original has a playtime of around 20-25hrs (played through it earlier this year after nearly 20years). Where as this remake has a playtime of double that - if you only play through it once and skip some of the extra content.
The recently released pixel remasters are pretty amazing if you haven't seen them yet.

I disagree on the 20-25 hours, completing everything 100% I have spent a lot more time than that on pretty much all Final Fantasies (made by Square/Squaresoft) the general main storyline is probably 20-25 hours, but completing all the Limit Breaks, Summons, Ruby Weapon etc adds a good chunk of time on, at least for me but I don't rush. But I think we'll probably always disagree on this, as I say I'm a bit of a purist in these scenarios, I don't like that they've changed some key elements of the story thus far. I'm still holding out for a full Legend of Dragoon remake though, a superior game to FF7 in all ways, and everyone will have a field day shouting at me on that :D

Man of Honour
Every single Epic Games exclusive thread ends up derailed with this petty arguing.

Nobody cares, you won't change somebody else's opinion, give it a rest and move on.

Exactly this.

Guys, please chill out about other people's opinions with respect to whether or not they like/dislike care/don't care about Epic Games' practices and the overall idea of PC store exclusives.

Feel free to display your frustrations, but remember that insulting other users will result in us taking action against you as it isn't behaviour we allow.

Specifically @Darujhistan and @james.miller - you need to agree to disagree.

Soldato
OP
I disagree on the 20-25 hours, completing everything 100% I have spent a lot more time than that on pretty much all Final Fantasies (made by Square/Squaresoft) the general main storyline is probably 20-25 hours, but completing all the Limit Breaks, Summons, Ruby Weapon etc adds a good chunk of time on, at least for me but I don't rush. But I think we'll probably always disagree on this, as I say I'm a bit of a purist in these scenarios, I don't like that they've changed some key elements of the story thus far. I'm still holding out for a full Legend of Dragoon remake though, a superior game to FF7 in all ways, and everyone will have a field day shouting at me on that :D

I mean yeah I agree with you if were talking 100% playthrough, you can easily double it to around 40-50 hours. In that case remake can easily go past 100 hours all in. There's quite a bit you'll like in remake but without spoiling it's hard to get into.

Definitely give it a try, there are "ultimate" encounters and other little things you mention enjoying.

edit: I have a steam save of OG FF7 100% with maxed chocobo stats and everything else you could possibly min/max as it's also my preferred playstyle with the FF series.

Last edited:
Soldato
Eh? I agree with everything you say, that was aimed at James.Millar as he wrote the paragraph you quoted.

Ok, it read differently to me, especially as you'd disagreed with me on the subject earlier.

OK, that's me done now, as I want people to talk about their game not nonsense about storefronts.

Associate
Ok, it read differently to me, especially as you'd disagreed with me on the subject earlier.

OK, that's me done now, as I want people to talk about their game not nonsense about storefronts.

I agreed with you earlier too, it's probably me not taking time to read my own messages properly before posting (quickly done while travelling on a train).
Agreed time to move on!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OMG. What a joke. They won’t be getting my money until it is on steam, which will be about a year later. I already played it on PS4 Pro on release anyway.

Back
Top Bottom