Release date December 16th
Epic Games Exclusive also released on Steam June 17th
£69.99
Epic Games Link
Steam Link

mY2ZdzV.png

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE contains the following content:
● FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE full game
● DLC "FF7R EPISODE INTERmission" (New episode featuring Yuffie Kisaragi)
● Weapon: Cacstar
● Armor: Midgar Bangle
● Armor: Shinra Bangle
● Armor: Corneo Armlet
● Accessory: Superstar Belt
● Accessory: Mako Crystal
● Accessory: Seraphic Earrings
● Summon materia: Carbuncle
● Summon materia: Chocobo Chick
● Summon materia: Cactuar

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
When they say it's Epic exclusive I presume it's for a limited period of time?

Yes, at a minimum 6 months but most likely a year until we see it on Steam.

£70 includes the Yuffie DLC that was released earlier this year. Also with the EGS sale starting next week or so I wouldn’t be surprised to see a small discount plus we should get a £10 coupon on top if we go by previous years.

Soldato
OP
Brilliant game but i wont be spending £70 on it again unless its the next part of the remake which i am desperately waiting for:rolleyes: I purchased when it 1st came out on PS4 ( £50 ) then got the free upgrade to PS5 which is nice but then had to pay £16 or so for the DLC which is included in this . I cant see the PC offering enough of an upgrade too spend out again considering i have completed it on both normal and hard but will maybe have a look when ever it goes on sale one day . If i hadn't played it on PS5 though i would purchase this for £70 as having played the game it has enough content just about to say i got my moneys worth out of it and is a very enjoyable game .

I mean I don't really want to go there because... but one of the reasons people want it on PC is the mod community.

Soldato
OP
Bought it for £15 on PS5 already, not played it yet though lol - just think it's crazy that a remake of a small portion of a game can cost £70.

Because it isn't a remaster and depending which side of the fence you sit on after playing it you'll either think it's full of filler or pretty great.

Soldato
OP
Never said it was a remaster?

I know, but it still rankles that despite it offering some additional content (and changing the story to make no sense to me with the Zach element) I just want the entire game before playing it. FF7 wasn't my favourite to begin with, preferred my play throughs on the SNES ones, but still. I don't mind paying £15 for it, but definitely not £70 but then again I wouldn't pay £70 for a single game anyway regardless. I will likely give in and play it at some point before the full lot is released, and then moan about it anyway, at least the Yuffie DLC will be interesting as she was a random character in the original, I just hope they don't shoehorn story in for her where it's not needed. I'm admittedly a bit of a purist when it comes to remakes though, so I'll never be happy.

That's right, you didn't. But you did say that you think it's crazy that a remake of a small portion of a game can cost £70. The original has a playtime of around 20-25hrs (played through it earlier this year after nearly 20years). Where as this remake has a playtime of double that - if you only play through it once and skip some of the extra content.

£70 is absolutely expensive, but you do get a full games worth and more, not just a few hours.

The Yuffie DLC covers backstory that's related to FF7s story/universe but also isn't directly relevant if you compare it just to FF7's main game from 97 because it obviously didn't exist then. For £15 (on PS5) I got 20hrs worth from that DLC playing quite slow but there's also additional simulator encounters and the Fort Condor remake as someone else mentioned which was awesome.

1-6 are well worth a playthrough, 3,4,5,6 in particular. As long as you're not fussy about graphics that is haha.

The recently released pixel remasters are pretty amazing if you haven't seen them yet.

Soldato
OP
I disagree on the 20-25 hours, completing everything 100% I have spent a lot more time than that on pretty much all Final Fantasies (made by Square/Squaresoft) the general main storyline is probably 20-25 hours, but completing all the Limit Breaks, Summons, Ruby Weapon etc adds a good chunk of time on, at least for me but I don't rush. But I think we'll probably always disagree on this, as I say I'm a bit of a purist in these scenarios, I don't like that they've changed some key elements of the story thus far. I'm still holding out for a full Legend of Dragoon remake though, a superior game to FF7 in all ways, and everyone will have a field day shouting at me on that :D

I mean yeah I agree with you if were talking 100% playthrough, you can easily double it to around 40-50 hours. In that case remake can easily go past 100 hours all in. There's quite a bit you'll like in remake but without spoiling it's hard to get into.

Definitely give it a try, there are "ultimate" encounters and other little things you mention enjoying.

edit: I have a steam save of OG FF7 100% with maxed chocobo stats and everything else you could possibly min/max as it's also my preferred playstyle with the FF series.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, that is what I will be doing. Will buy once it hits steam as I want it in my collection :)

All my Final Fantasy games are in a nice little steam folder, plus the mod community is much better on Steam so for me I'm going to hold out another 6 months to a year. Really sucks though having waited 18 months or so already.

Soldato
OP
The mention of 'starting at 69.99' has vanished from the store page and EG reporting its gonna be 65 quid. Still too expensive, maybe EGS will have tenner vouchers again but I am not sure I would bite even at 55 :p

Where did you see it mentioned for £65? All the subreddits I've seen are discussing the removal due to backlash but I haven't seen any change in price mentioned.

Soldato
OP
They always said they were releasing this in parts rather than one complete game , i would rather it was done all at once but it is what it is and with the scale they are now going for it would be years before we ever got to see the whole thing. Pita yes but it has enough content to keep you busy for now considering it will take you 40 to 50 hours or so to complete if running though it where as the whole original game could be completed in that time span . should give you some indication on how much bigger this now is. Price is a bit on the expensive side but would say its probably worth £50 on PC if you have never played it before ....

Those people wanted a remaster, not a remake. I get it, it's not what they wanted and they want to make it known their upset.

There's an amazing mod community for FF7 that practically gives you that remaster feeling already.

Soldato
OP
Which mod is that? Not sure if it is the one I played 4-5 years ago as I kind of forgot already, but looks good.

I will mod it and play it on my Steam Deck next year :D

There's 2 main mods used in the images.

Graphics
Character Models

There's an all in one mod manager that most people use here That mod should have both the above and a lot more that's really easy to use.

Soldato
OP
I remember 7th Heaven, but not sure about the other two. I think the character models are relatively newish. They look good.

7th Heaven has been around years. It was updated to 2.0 last year and really changed how easy it became to download and run.

The character models have been around a while now but have become the best of the lot. The graphical/background mod was initially overshadowed by an inferior mod that gained widespread attention online but that has since changed.

Definitely worth playing with and a few others out there.

Soldato
OP
To do it in the graphical style of remake would probably be financially unviable, it's not a question if waiting 4-5 years, the cost of making would be 3 times more so you'd need 3 times the sales or 3 times the price.
With the amount of moaning at the £70 price tag, a £200 wouldn't work. And I can't see sales trebling even if the game was 3 times longer.

Actually they discussed a direct remake from the original but Kitase wanted to go this route, it had nothing to do with money. You can find the interview online (I don't know where off the top of my head) and his reasons why. In the interview personally I agreed with his reasons and am mostly happy with this version.

Soldato
OP
The point completely stands, they've re-released/remade an incomplete game, doesn't matter when it came out, they've called it a remake based on an existing FULL game, and have remade and re-released a tiny portion of it. You can glorify that all you want, it's a kick in the face to consumers and fans alike to not only do it this way but to also ruin the story which fans have appreciated since 1997. No amount of fleshing Midgar out or elements of it will make this a different matter. I'd have rather had a new game altogether set in a different world in a different story than this personally, a remake should be true to form in my opinion. But not everyone agrees on that, and that's fine. D

FF7 is already completely over-glorified online, no doubt a full release would have done amazingly, it was the majority of peoples introduction to the FF series and the first 3D one, I still probably wouldn't have paid £70 for it but it would have been an easier pill to swallow for the full game. The thought of picking up part 2 and immediately being assaulted with the worse part of the game Kalm (in my opinion) is soul-destroying.

Correct me if I’m wrong but haven’t you not tried remake yet? I don’t get the whole it’s a tiny portion comment you feel so strongly about when it isn’t the same as the 97 version. It’s a different game, a fully fleshed out one at that. You know the overall story and that’s the same but a lot of the other stuff isn’t.

Back
Top Bottom