*** Final Fantasy XIII ***

Caporegime
However i have around 800+ Incentive chips. Should get loads of money for that.
Are you sure? I thought you can only hold 99 of each item?

im quite liking mission 24 of chapter 11... 6000CP and 6000gil per 1 minute 30 all in

I did this for an hour yesterday, Took 50 seconds per round. 12,000 CP with the Growth Egg and the Moon Blossom sold for 6000 Gil :)

Is there any better ways to make Gil than this? I was able to whoop the Adamantortoise quite easily (less than 2 minutes) but, sadly, once I completed the Titan trials all the Adamantortoise have been replaced by Long Gui. I did not realise and only have 1 game save so I can no longer farm Platinum Ingots :(

I am just after some money now really, I have 2 Ultimate weapons, but I think I need a 3rd before I can beat Mission 64. Might visit Chapter 13 today as I recall some soldiers on that level so hoping to try and farm some incentive chips, can anyone remind me what they are worth in Gil?

I'm finding the faultwarrens is a great place for cp farming, since the sequence of fights can be chosen by you, and restarted at any time :)
This is another good one. Mission D2 (I think) has some "Flowering Cactaur" fights which are quite good, and a whole run through from A to E can net over 100 CP in about 10 minutes or so. Nice if you don't want to grind the exact same enemy again and again.

rp2000

Associate
Are you sure? I thought you can only hold 99 of each item?

I did this for an hour yesterday, Took 50 seconds per round. 12,000 CP with the Growth Egg and the Moon Blossom sold for 6000 Gil :)

Is there any better ways to make Gil than this? I was able to whoop the Adamantortoise quite easily (less than 2 minutes) but, sadly, once I completed the Titan trials all the Adamantortoise have been replaced by Long Gui. I did not realise and only have 1 game save so I can no longer farm Platinum Ingots :(

I am just after some money now really, I have 2 Ultimate weapons, but I think I need a 3rd before I can beat Mission 64. Might visit Chapter 13 today as I recall some soldiers on that level so hoping to try and farm some incentive chips, can anyone remind me what they are worth in Gil?

This is another good one. Mission D2 (I think) has some "Flowering Cactaur" fights which are quite good, and a whole run through from A to E can net over 100 CP in about 10 minutes or so. Nice if you don't want to grind the exact same enemy again and again.

rp2000

I did exactly the same with the Long Gui but theres still a lone adamantoise up in eden just in leviathan plaza (the one that falls through the glass in the cs, when you first go through the area)

Just got my 3 ultimates to 93 94 and 97.. just 3 more ingots to go.... i also still need 2 more trapezohedrons to collect all weapons

Caporegime
I did exactly the same with the Long Gui but theres still a lone adamantoise up in eden just in leviathan plaza (the one that falls through the glass in the cs, when you first go through the area)

Just got my 3 ultimates to 93 94 and 97.. just 3 more ingots to go.... i also still need 2 more trapezohedrons to collect all weapons

You are a legend, sir :) I am going to make my way over to him later. (Shame it is a "Toise" and not the "Tortoise", which has much lower XP, but beggars can't be choosers :) I think I will do a youtube video of me whooping him later!

Have you completed the final Ci'eth stone mission by any chance? I am struggling with this at the moment, tried a good 10 times last night, I managed to get him close to 20% energy left, but cannot better that.

I have Lightning and Fangs weapons to Level 100 (maxed) and Hope is on Level 50. Probably need a good 6+ Ingots.

rp2000

Soldato
Anywho, did Vanille's little robot dog side-quest thing last night, nice and easy and netted me a good half a million Gil :D

Same! Was well chuffed, managed to go from Fang and Hope using level 1 and Light using a level 30 Gladius line Helter-Skelter into using level 61 tier 2 weapons for each. Just need some of those Trapzwotsits now, which I doubt I'll get for a while. Got about 250,000 left also which I'm keeping for Lightnings Lionheart.

Just got level 5 of the Crystarium unlocked also, had about 250,000 CP for each person lined up... didn't even manage to get half way around 1 role at tier 5 for each person before I ran out, segment taking about 18,000 each :/

Soldato
Managed to finish the game last night. I found the last 2 Chapters to be pretty boring, and I just wanted to get the main story out of the way. I can now concentrate on doing the side missions, and maxing out the Crystarium.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Going to go do Ch13 tonight, i've maxed my Stage 9 Crystarium, and maxed my Tier 2 weapons, so I can't really go any further with my characters until i've done the main storyline now.

Then it'll be back to Cie'th questing (done about half of them).

Soldato
My team is
Fang(Who has an awesome voice) Used as Sab, Commando or Ravager
Snow(Who is pretty awesome as a commando or Sentinel) Commando or Sentinel
Vanille(Who never seems to fail with Debuffing) Sab, Ravager or Medic

My default Paradigm is Sab Sen Sab and then I swap to com com rav or rav com rav

-
I'm at 31 hours, and havent moved forward in that chapter 11 storyline since i started it, Just exploring and doing the C'ieth stones.

Soldato
I know the "Axis Blade or Lionheart" question is kind of mentioned often, but I'm just wondering what others are using for Lightning? I got her Lionheart and upgraded it to the maximum before I need a trapezthingy, but I'm not really finding much use for the "Quick Stagger", in fact it doesn't seem to be doing anything much.

Caporegime
I know the "Axis Blade or Lionheart" question is kind of mentioned often, but I'm just wondering what others are using for Lightning? I got her Lionheart and upgraded it to the maximum before I need a trapezthingy, but I'm not really finding much use for the "Quick Stagger", in fact it doesn't seem to be doing anything much.

I am using Lionheart. I think Quick Stagger can make a huge difference, more so on bosses with High Chain Resistance.

If I get 3 chars as Rav and all fire spells at an enemy her attacks boost the stagger counter much quicker. Firing "Imperil" (lowers enemies resistance to elemental spells, and then making her a Ravager fills the stagger bar really quickly.

rp2000

Soldato
Been messing around with Fang as the leader for my group. Got to try out Bahamut and her Highwind ability. Bahamut is fun as always, although Highwind is just insane. Get an enemy to a stagger point, slap it around, when it's low on stagger just Highwind and on pops a bunch of 99,999 damage numbers.

Managed to get a setup for Fang as well that allows for "Instant Chain". Seems to have a very low "proc" chance, although is extremely helpful when it does proc. Had it happens twice on one fight, then didn't see it again for about another 20 fights. Not sure if it's worth keeping due to it's randomness.

any tips on getting Gil in ch11? i have light, fang, sazhs weapons @ second tier, im using them things from R&D for 50k Gil to upgrade

I didn't find much around the plains that gave me gil, it was only once I moved on through the chapter that I started to get decent amounts of money (noteably that little robot in Oerba) at which point I went from about 5,000 gil to about 700,000 gil.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Yup robot sidequest in Oerba is your best bet. Dead easy to find the 5 parts, takes about 20mins and if you've done 10,000 steps you'll end up with a pile of goodies you can sell for a big stash of Gil. :)

Caporegime
Been messing around with Fang as the leader for my group. Got to try out Bahamut and her Highwind ability. Bahamut is fun as always, although Highwind is just insane. Get an enemy to a stagger point, slap it around, when it's low on stagger just Highwind and on pops a bunch of 99,999 damage numbers.

Managed to get a setup for Fang as well that allows for "Instant Chain". Seems to have a very low "proc" chance, although is extremely helpful when it does proc. Had it happens twice on one fight, then didn't see it again for about another 20 fights. Not sure if it's worth keeping due to it's randomness.

I didn't find much around the plains that gave me gil, it was only once I moved on through the chapter that I started to get decent amounts of money (noteably that little robot in Oerba) at which point I went from about 5,000 gil to about 700,000 gil.

I enable Instant Chain on my 2 secondary characters. (Lightning, Hope). A few 5 stars I have in missions are purely down to getting lucky with Instant Chain. I should also enable it on my main character (Fang), but I prefer to give her other accessories. I think Lightning with Quick Stagger/Instant Chain as a team member is indispensable.

I beat all 64 bosses now (20 or so were not 5 stars though :=( ), just farming a bit of Gil to get a 3rd Ultimate Weapon, then face off against Long Gui.

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom