FINALLY A DEAL ON GPU'S - IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG (NVIDIA 3060 & 3060Ti) !!

Associate
Except for those who didn't get access to the special forum despite meeting the criteria...
OcUK customer service are definitely great, but £1200 for a 3080? Is that really what they're getting charged whatever their margin is? There has to be a lot of greed somewhere in that chain.

The deals on this thread were open to all forum members.

Associate
I wasn't talking about this thread, hence my reference to the 3080. I was talking about the gpu forum member deals subforum.

Plus, when an AIB is still offering cards at their original price it has to make you wonder who's taking the extra cut...

Associate
Plus, when an AIB is still offering cards at their original price it has to make you wonder who's taking the extra cut...

I think this sits with my original suspicion, the AIB's.. they are setting the price.

Why would OCUK get cards at reduced prices (compared to current market) and undercut themselves on all their other stock.. surely they'd keep the price inline with existing stock to increase profits and ensure cards on the shelves sell.

Associate
I think this sits with my original suspicion, the AIB's.. they are setting the price.

Why would OCUK get cards at reduced prices (compared to current market) and undercut themselves on all their other stock.. surely they'd keep the price inline with existing stock to increase profits and ensure cards on the shelves sell.
If the supply chains in Aus are anything to go buy, it's everyone from the AIBs to the stores who are all adding on massive margins. Stack them together and that's why you see prices that are 50%+ above RRP.

Soldato
If the supply chains in Aus are anything to go buy, it's everyone from the AIBs to the stores who are all adding on massive margins. Stack them together and that's why you see prices that are 50%+ above RRP.

Its true container prices are still really high over 2 x as much than before Covid. The Uniform shop where we buy the kids clothes he said it used to cost £1500 for the shipping container it now costs £6500 for the shipping container plus they are taking twice as long to ship so not only the cost has gone up but delivery time. All adds up.

Associate
Its true container prices are still really high over 2 x as much than before Covid. The Uniform shop where we buy the kids clothes he said it used to cost £1500 for the shipping container it now costs £6500 for the shipping container plus they are taking twice as long to ship so not only the cost has gone up but delivery time. All adds up.

From what I hear that's for 'slow' shipping. For 'quick' (relative here) shipping for more time sensitive things than clothes, it's gone from about £3k pre-pandemic to £2k during the demand slump to £12k+ now and rising.

Caporegime
Except for those who didn't get access to the special forum despite meeting the criteria...
OcUK customer service are definitely great, but £1200 for a 3080? Is that really what they're getting charged whatever their margin is? There has to be a lot of greed somewhere in that chain.

Competitors are selling them at that price too. Supply and demand.

Back
Top Bottom