• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FINALLY A DEAL ON GPU'S - IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG (NVIDIA 3060 & 3060Ti) !!

Associate
Well this will be my first ever 'gaming' nVidia card after owning ATi/AMD for so long. The AMD stock/price situation has been dire as I've been using a RX580 (was £280 new) for over three years from a whole new Ryzen 2700x build.

I wasn't impressed by the 5700XT or Vega so wanted to wait for the 6X00 era. That worked out well.

I don't usually upgrade but X470 has given me good reason too. Now with a 5800X already installed and a new 3060Ti incoming.

GFX history: 9600XT / 9700 AIW Pro - HIS X1900XT - Sapphire HD4830/HD4870 - Sapphire Nitro RX580

I still have two of those later cards in my spares along with an EVGA GeForce 260 (nice looking card) from an old family build

Thanks OCUK - its been a long wait.

Associate
same. Been using an R9 290X 8GB for a long time but not used anything nVidia since my Voodoo 2, donkeys' years ago, and me not forgiving them for killing 3DFX.
In fairness I would still soooner have purchased a 6800 XT, but AMD GPU prices and availability are ludicrous, so I'm looking forward to decent frame rates on Monday with a 3060 Ti. :)

Associate
@Gibbo would it not be a good idea to offer first refusal on the FE 3080’s to those in the 3080 queue.

I missed yesterday’s buying frenzy due to the forum link issue but surely the low MSRP on FE cards makes this the best option OC as well.
I am ASUS queue (81) and this would have been a very appealing option given the 3080ti is of no interest.

Maybe the drop was not big enough but surely a missed opportunity.

Associate
@Gibbo would it not be a good idea to offer first refusal on the FE 3080’s to those in the 3080 queue.

I missed yesterday’s buying frenzy due to the forum link issue but surely the low MSRP on FE cards makes this the best option OC as well.
I am ASUS queue (81) and this would have been a very appealing option given the 3080ti is of no interest.

Maybe the drop was not big enough but surely a missed opportunity.
FE drops have nothing to do with OCUK

Associate
Received my zotac 3060ti oc today. Luckily it wasn't stolen as dpd driver left it on my doorstep at 8 o'clock this morning, nobody was home as we were staying at the inlaws. Card is working fine, bit noisy and high temp out the box. I have just undervolt and overclocked it slightly and now running cooler and quieter. Still tinkering to fine tune.

Associate
went for the Zotac OC model too, but going from an R9 290X it's bound to be significantly quieter, even on default settings. Run a game on my R9 and it sounds like a jet engine about to take off, and that's normal behaviour.
It's amazing what you can put up with when you get used to it. I don't even 'hear' it any more - but maybe that's just hearing loss haha

Caporegime
went for the Zotac OC model too, but going from an R9 290X it's bound to be significantly quieter, even on default settings. Run a game on my R9 and it sounds like a jet engine about to take off, and that's normal behaviour.

Do those ****ers still hit 91c with ease? I had 290X's in Crossfire for about 3 days before 'ejecting' them :D

Associate
@aethandor I am running the card in a lian li tu150 itx case so my cards always run a little hotter than normal but really pleased with it now that I've adjusted the voltage clocks and fan curve, highly recommend using msi afterburner and tweaking this card.

Associate
@JediFragger when I first got it, the R9 would sometimes frighten me by getting to around 91'c. A few months ago I re-pasted it with some Noctua NT-H1 I had handy and now it almost never goes above 75'c and is a lot quieter.
A real beast of a card in its heyday and still slightly quicker than a 1060 (with the 8GB version).

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
@JediFragger when I first got it, the R9 would sometimes frighten me by getting to around 91'c. A few months ago I re-pasted it with some Noctua NT-H1 I had handy and now it almost never goes above 75'c and is a lot quieter.
A real beast of a card in its heyday and still slightly quicker than a 1060 (with the 8GB version).

I remember when hard gaming the thing used to drown out the room with the noise! lol :cry:

I then got it under an AIO and it was strong - lasted me for years, great card just crap original cooler on it.

Back
Top Bottom