Finally looking to build a 939 system, looking for some advice

Right, hovering over the checkout button with...

Tagan TG530-U15 530W ATX2.01 Easycon SLi Compliant Modular Silent PSU £69.95
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler (Socket 754/939/940) £15.95
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard £79.95
PowerColor ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail £259.95
AMD Opteron UP 170 Dual Core San Diego 2.0GHz 2MB Cache (Socket 939) - Retail £274.95
Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 3200KS SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM £73.95

Subtotal £774.70
Shipping (City Link Parcel Next Day (Delivered Mon-Fri)) £9.95
VAT £137.32
Total £921.97

Is there anything I'm going to need in order to set all this up, harvesting a 32bit Athlon system, any cables etc?
Is the WD 320gb the best value drive to get? The 400gb is twice the price!

Thanks all :)

Thanks semi-pro waster, ordered!

Thanks for all the help everyone, especially Monstermunch, although because of you, I've spent more money than planned...but then, I won't need to upgrade for a lot longer :)

I really hope the cooler will fit in my case, if not, I won't be able to close the door all the way... :(

Just waiting for the order accepted email now!

Just called OcUK as hadn't received the order accepted email...apparently there are a few email issues at the moment, and my order has actually been accepted, and is being picked/packed :)

It best come tomorrow, or I'll have to wait til Tuesday! :(

Still no emails...a bit concerned now...The guy on the phone said the order was accepted and it is being picked, but I've received no email saying its been accepted, or an email saying its packed and is in process of being shipped...

I don't think I'm allowed to talk about shop stuff here, so I'll shut up now.

EDIT: found the order tracking page "Your order is awaiting packing in our warehouse"...it says the page is only updated during office hours only, so fingers crossed that my order is on its way!

Last edited:
LadFromWales85 said:
Thanks semi-pro waster, ordered!

Thanks for all the help everyone, especially Monstermunch, although because of you, I've spent more money than planned...but then, I won't need to upgrade for a lot longer :)

I really hope the cooler will fit in my case, if not, I won't be able to close the door all the way... :(

Just waiting for the order accepted email now!

Hey, you definitely won't regret it..... I'm jealous now though, cos i'm still saving up for my new rig! :rolleyes:

I need the stuff first! :(

Still not got a 'shipped' email...called this morning and told that there was enough 170's for my order left instock, and that my order will be out today. Upgraded to Sat delivery for extra tenner while on phone, so it best go out today!

"Your order has been sent to our warehouse but not yet printed.
If your order remains in this state for several hours there may be an out of stock item delaying your orders progress."

Finally!

Your order has been despatched
(Click on the link to track your order)

Anyone know where this link is? I've received no 'dispatched' email, so I've got no tracking code :(

EDIT: Entered my order number into Citylink, my stuff is on its way!!
Scheduled Delivery Date: 15/04/06

Yay!

/me thinks he'll be ill on Saturday and as such will be calling in sick!

Last edited:
LadFromWales85 said:
Finally!

Your order has been despatched
(Click on the link to track your order)

Anyone know where this link is? I've received no 'dispatched' email, so I've got no tracking code :(

EDIT: Entered my order number into Citylink, my stuff is on its way!!
Scheduled Delivery Date: 15/04/06

Yay!

/me thinks he'll be ill on Saturday and as such will be calling in sick!

Nice one!

Hope all goes well. Remember to get some pics up of your build!

...I can't get over the fact that the processor idles at 26-29c...although the fans changing speed all the time is quite annoying, is it possible to stop them doing that with the DFI boards?

X1900XT is another story though, idles at 50c (6800GT idled at 46c), but goes to 80c+ at load (6800GT 63c), and the fan only spins at 32% then! madness!

Not overclocking yet, am letting all the components burn in (or whatever), plus I don't really feel the need just yet, the two games I play (at the moment) run even better than they did before, no stuttering what so ever. IQ is much better with the ATi card (in my opinion), even the gf asked why it looked better.

Happy with it all so far, left it priming for 12 hours just to confirm no stock clock instability, all fine...oh, and my clock goes at the right speed now :p

Memory defaults to 3-4-4-8-1T...anyone here with UCCC know what timings they will run at at around 200MHz...save me the trouble of pulling the CMOS reset jumper over and over again :)

Thanks all :D

LadFromWales85 said:
I'm tempted to RMA my X-Plosion, and get a Creative X-Fi, as I am STILL experiencing random BSOD's related to cmuda3.sys when playing MTA :(

Don't like seeing my nice new system BSOD'ing :(

Sound cards have, and will always cause problems.... What's wrong with the std on-board sound on the DFI?

& it would be nice to see some pics Shaun.

Will take some pics in a bit, seeing as though your all just dying to see :D

The o/b sound uses Realtek ALC650, which will have support for games on par with what my X-Plosion has. It also has totally useless analog out, and it's coaxial output doesnt support high res sound. I will prolly get an X-Fi, even though I don't want to :(

Back
Top Bottom