Finally looking to build a 939 system, looking for some advice

Pics as requested : D

All the old kit : p
IMG_2141.JPG

The case...yeah I know it could do with a clean : D
IMG_2143.JPG

Inside left, looks really tidy in there compared to before, as the connector positioning allowed me to put most cables through a hole in the motherboard panel, rather than over the top : )
IMG_2147.JPG

Inside right, not much to see here, just the Tagan and a few fans : D
IMG_2152.JPG

If you'd like any more, I'll prolly take them...comments and/or questions are welcomed :D

EDIT: IMG code not working?
EDIT again: Fixed!

Last edited:
Yeah it is weird, but it also has bags of space...people do buy this case just for the space it provides for watercooling :) Well that and the fact that it has 6 5 1/4" bays, and 2 external and 8 internal 3 1/4" bays! I'd never use all those though...take a look at the manufactures website, http://www.yycase.com/yy-0221.htm (not a competitor!)

I have considered watercooling in the past, and may go down that route when funds allow.

Any ideas how to stop the fans changing speed by the way? I see no options in the bios except settings to make it go full speed when temp above xx degrees, or slower when below xx degrees. When temps are sitting near either threshold, the fan can be heard to be speeding up, then slowing down, then speeding up etc etc, which is more annoying than it staying at full pelt to be honest!

Hows this for a start? :D

current.jpg

I'm all for increasing voltages, but I'd like to increase the speed as far as I can without increasing the voltages, mainly due to the heat more volts will cause, and summer is on the way...

I did chuck 270 HTT in quickly and it BSOD'ed instantly, 260 HTT and it was failing Prime within a few minutes, although this could be anything at the moment, as I've not tried isolating components weakspots. My RAM is only DDR400 UCCC, running at default timings and 1T, which it defaulted to, they wouldn't run 1T on my NF7-S :(

The system certainly looks stable at current settings...I don't really need any more, nothing I do would benefit from even higher clocks, but you all know what it's like, start, and don't finish until you've found the highest possible!

Very happy with my new kit so far though, everything is much smoother, and drive access is definately faster than my PATA 200GB WD :D

Back
Top Bottom