Finally. The RGB Sound Card Everyone Was Asking For

Soldato
Cheers for that. I use the stxii but my mate is determined to buy a gaming soundcard so interested to see peoples experience of this - just waiting on rainforest for stock as they have good returns if it goes sideways (I do not trust creative at all!) Pleased to hear yours is going well and they did a decent driver update

Associate
First review is live on Amazon:

It's hard to comment on the quality of the soundcard as the software/drivers are useless. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Tried a few different versions and ultimately one of the following things happen:
- Sound drops out
- Sound skyrockets
- Mic gets distorted when talking to other people
- Settings never save, so if you spend 30 minutes setting is up how you want it when you first install it, hope you get lucky and it sticks.

I reached out to creative who were useless and disinterested - "looking into these issues"

My experience mirrors US user feedback as they have had the card a little longer than the UK..... It might one day be a good product but who knows when.

What little use I had, I noticed no real improvement over my onboard sound (hero ix mobo) and i'm pretty sure if they stripped out the tacky RGB lighting this would cost half the price.

Back
Top Bottom