Finding a keyring to fit a small key opening - First world problems!

Commissario
I've never had a car key where the opening isn't wide enough to fit a standard metal keyring. As you can see, the key on the left has a big enough gap, the one on the right doesn't and it's effectively deforming the metal ring that I'm using. I've tried a couple of other rings and they're all the same, just a little too big for this stupid key.

How do you attach a car key with a smaller opening to your key ring?

17jmaQi.jpeg

Caporegime
I don't recommend getting a Dremel type drill and trying to drill out a larger hole, the circuit board in the key generally doesn't like this....

It sounds like a good idea until you realise that it wasn't... :o :D

Commissario
OP
Small jump ring on the key, then attach that to the keyring. Makes the bunch more flexible in your pocket too.
That’s probably the answer. A 10mm double loop will do the job. Now to find somewhere I can buy just one for pennies rather than a pack of 50 or 100 for a fiver.

Soldato
That’s probably the answer. A 10mm double loop will do the job. Now to find somewhere I can buy just one for pennies rather than a pack of 50 or 100 for a fiver.
This sort of thing do?

kpnNCxY.jpeg

10mm. Had the same conundrum a few years ago and wanted a smaller ring (fnnaar!) but had to buy a pack of them. PM me your address and I'll stick a handful in an envelope for you.

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
Aye, that’s my concern with some of the smaller rings I’ve seen before but all the little rubbish ones I’ve had barely have any actual double parts, those look a lot better.

I shall report back, ta.

Back
Top Bottom