Fire risks prompt tumble dryer recall - Now washing machines as well!

Man of Honour
I bought my dryer 2nd hand in 2009 for £25. It died sometime in 2014 and has been sat in my conservatory since. It's one of the affected ones, so I'm having a nice new one delivered tomorrow that cost me £60.

Soldato
I bought my dryer 2nd hand in 2009 for £25. It died sometime in 2014 and has been sat in my conservatory since. It's one of the affected ones, so I'm having a nice new one delivered tomorrow that cost me £60.

They charged you for replacement?

Man of Honour
Well that's the offer, instead of £199 or whatever it is meant to be for a new one. I thought it was pretty good. Since mine was out of warranty about 10 years ago.
*Mine wasn't working (at all) - so whatever "Fix" they are proposing to do wouldn't make any difference....

Soldato
Well that's the offer, instead of £199 or whatever it is meant to be for a new one. I thought it was pretty good. Since mine was out of warranty about 10 years ago.
*Mine wasn't working (at all) - so whatever "Fix" they are proposing to do wouldn't make any difference....

Very nice :).

Hopefully they let me buy a new one as well.

Mines ate half the belt today :(. Drum wasnt spinning so took it apart and half the belts wrapped around the motor spindle :(.

Soldato
I just purchased a new one from their discounts page. Either that or replace the belt to my current one and wait until next year for a fix :(.

Soldato
What number do I call as since I have registered I have now moved house - the dryer is tripping the fuses and I think I should get it sorted as soon as, even if I have to buy a new one (as its tripping the fuses due to water getting through to the element and if fluff gets through then I worried it will catch fire!)

Caporegime
What number do I call as since I have registered I have now moved house - the dryer is tripping the fuses and I think I should get it sorted as soon as, even if I have to buy a new one (as its tripping the fuses due to water getting through to the element and if fluff gets through then I worried it will catch fire!)

We had to end up mailing the ceo! His details are easily available on Google. Can't remember the address though. May have posted it earlier in the thread.

Permabanned

They modification will not fix the problem with tripping the electrics.

Associate
Surprised people are still waiting from November, I registered ours in November and it was sorted February.

The guy done the modification but said some other parts were needing replaced too... came back a week later with a bunch of new parts and replaced em for free :D

Pho

Pho

Soldato
They've called me about four times over the past couple of months to confirm my case number, booking date and if I want a replacement option now. Anyone else having this? Very odd.

Permabanned
Part of the problem here is that jobs are released in batches and until you have completed the batch no more are released to you.

It is quite amazing that these death machines are so terribly dangerous but a very large percentage who are fearing for their lives never return your phone call, ignore your email or can only be home after 9pm on Friday evening. :D

Back
Top Bottom