First bike after CBT - Yamaha YBR125 OR Honda CBF125

Soldato
Great stuff! Looking at booking my mod1&2 in the new year.
Have you got something bigger lined up already from your 125?

Soldato
OP
Mod 2 tomorrow morning, feeling a little nervous.

Got to be at riding school for around 7am for a ride to the test centre so I guess one of the first tests of the day meaning rush hour but not sure if that is good/bad or irrelevant :)

Soldato
OP
Managed a PASS!

GET IN.

Three minors so a dirty pass but better than an almost perfect but fail.

The examiner was a great guy, very chill and calm. Never thought for a moment he was there to "do me over".

I thought had failed earlier in the test so that was on my mind, a few things I did and you overthink, then even when had done something right, questioned if I did.

What a journey, now the hard work begins.

*Never want to see a car park with cones again :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Congrats dude, that's ace! Bet you must be buzzing :D

Thank you.

Buzzing is an understatement. The riding school let me ride their bike back to the shop by myself. Was screaming into the helmet, just an amazing feeling.

Being on a big bike without my instructor in my ear telling me what I am doing wrong, giving advice etc was very surreal. Love my instructor, they showed soo much patience over the last few months. Shout out to all the GOOD instructors out there.

I am now able to ride a bike safely, now I learn how to ride :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
And, she was stolen last night, found in a sorry state in a local field this morning.

Looks like total amateur hour, they could not break the steering lock, despite leveraging the handlebars to the point of bending them, then somehow took it to an abandoned field with a rundown remains of a stable and tried to hide it, after they had already killed it Reservoir Dogs style.

Seems mindless as only a 125.

The place where it was has bars to prevent access to bikes so I guess it was "slid" on the ground, this would correlate with some of the damage so no idea what their intentions were, parts? But even then, a lot was damaged, plastics, seats (probably looking for tracker and electrics to start the bike), brakes and more.

• Front brake cable damaged, no brake oil left
  • Handlebar is bent
  • Clutch pedal bent
  • Rear brake pedal bent
  • Seats damaged
  • Ignition has half a screwdriver in it
  • Various scratches and marks
  • Numerous plastics damaged
  • Front forks possibly bent, cannot tell for certain
Insurance said likely a write off, only got 4300 on the clock. Gutted as I looked after it in the hope I could sell it and put a big chunk towards bigger bike.

Worried what their valuation will be as the market for Japanese 125's is crazy. I paid £2,000 in June

So so sad as got her two weeks after passing my CBT in May and only got my full licence last Friday. A great great bike, never let me down once and was a pleasure to learn/build confidence on.

Not dropped her ONCE, not even has a complete novice. These clowns have a few minutes and do all that.

Felt physically sick most of the day.

Soldato
Mod 1 is the harder of the two imo, more pressure if you make 1 mistake your kind ******.

Mod 2 is less pressure in my opinion and longer so you can show the examiner you can ride safely but confidently out of the road.

Soldato
OP
Bloody hell that sucks dude. Do you not lock it up properly?

I had came home after doing some errands got distracted and that turned into an hour, when I went outside to do the anti theft dance, someone had done the "lets nick it" dance.

Yes, I may have contributed and I know it only takes seconds but is **** and I feel soo bad right now.

Harsh lesson learnt... it is a 125 FFS :mad:

Getting a ground anchor installed.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Scum love a 125 unfortunately, small and easy to pilfer as you've found.

The worst thing is like you say they've wrecked it just for the sake of it.

Soldato
Christ, what a way to start your biking journey.
Sorry to hear what happened, but (and I hate to say this) you really have got to make sure your bike is secure at all times.
You shouldn't have to, but it's the times we're living in sadly :(

Back
Top Bottom