First build help!

Associate
OP
Id rather add a reasonable PSU, much better in the long run...

Budget wise 6-700? Something that will play those games at a reasonable fps ect, she also hinted shes interested in a game called Identity thats not out yet (havent looked up what it is yet, and im way out of the pc games loop) so something that would also play that would be a bonus, or something that would only need a small upgrade once its out if its not out for a while!

Soldato
Do you want to get OEM windows 10 - or are you happy trying an OEI windows install. I will warn you it can have it's problems - especially if it arrives classed as registered to another user - but as said if you buy form a reputable company it's not a problem and 9x out of 10 this can be sorted via a web chat with MS.

Or simple life and get OEM.

I'll throw in windows and you can decide...

Soldato
Can't find much officially about Identity spec wise - but the forum banter is that it will need a respectable rig.

So, below is just to get the ball rolling and is a bigger spec than I initially had because of the above mentioned game (i'm not usually a build spec person - but i'm sure someone will come along and refine). Oh, and you need to factor in the price of Windows 10 forgot to add it:

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £700.64
(includes shipping: £12.30)

This could be done significantly cheaper - GTX 1060, cheaper MB - but as it's an AM4 socket it's a build that will last and could be added to (as you will know from your build). If ever you upgraded you could put your CPU into hers for example...

Associate
OP
Thanks Plec and Stulid! Put my order in couple days ago for my PC, work has been hectic again (hence the 4am wake up) so had to pay a couple extra pounds for them to pre build it for me, but also had the change graphics card as the one suggested was out of stock and end of life.

Was advised to go for a like for like GTX 1080, that i cant remember off the top of my head, but it was the same price.

Will be making an order for the 2nd PC once work calm down again for mother, saves me getting an ear full about her slow PC every time i visit!

Much appriciated guys!

Soldato
NP - you should really enjoy your build when it arrives - very high end. And very envious...

Your Mum's build could be tweaked for cost/part drops etc so let us know when you're ready to order...

Back
Top Bottom