Contrast Ratio (Max) : 2500 :1
Viewing Angle (CR≧10) : 178°(H)/178°(V)
Response Time : 4ms (Gray to Gray)
Display Colors : 16.7M
Flicker free
Curved Panel : 1800R

Trace Free Technology : Yes
Color Temperature Selection : 4 Modes
GamePlus(modes) : Yes (Crosshair/Timer/FPS Counter/Display Alignment)
Low Blue Light : Yes
HDCP support :
GameVisual :8 Modes(Scenery/Racing/Cinema/RTS/RPG/FPS/sRGB Modes/MOBA Mode/User Mode)
FreeSync™ technology supported
Display Widget
Extreme Low Motion Blur
GameFast Input technology

VA + strobing back-light can turn out pretty well.

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-Strix-XG35VQ/

100 Hz is fast enough to strobe the backlight that you shouldn't have eye-strain. It will be interesting to see how quick the pulses are on ASUS's new "ELMB" and how bright it can get for extreme motion clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Not that impressive really no display port 1.4 no HDR support and the brightness of 300 cd/㎡ will probably mean it will be very dim when the strobing option is enabled.

Associate
OP
No doubt horrifically expensive too!!

It is actually only $799 in the US.

Not that impressive really no display port 1.4 no HDR support and the brightness of 300 cd/㎡ will probably mean it will be very dim when the strobing option is enabled.

DP 1.4 isn't needed unless you go over 120 Hz 3440x1440. HDR would be nice, but you basically need a FALD backlight for that. $$$. I'll test the strobe brightness when mine comes in.

Associate
Got one of these with me at the moment for review soon at TFTCentral

Awesome! That's just what I was hoping for as I plan to get this monitor. Hopefully it turns out better than the recent Z35p, agon ag352ucg, etc...

Do you know when this will be available for sale in the UK? Also will you be reviewing the the smaller but as equally interesting XG32VQ?

Soldato
It'll be good to see how the response times compare to the AOC AG352UCG.

I've been debating between the 31.5" & the 35" AGON monitors, but if the Asus models show an improvement then I'll go for one of them instead.

Associate
"only $799"

That isn't cheap. The price of monitors has gone beyond a joke. $799 would have been well into professional territory only a few years ago.

And since when have top of the line Ultrawide gaming monitors ever been cheap? We didn't even have Ultrawide s a few years ago...

It can't be underestimate just how much anticipation there is for the XG35VQ as AMD gamers are currently severely limited for choice when it comes to good 100hz Ultrawide monitors. The last good ones were the Samsung CF791 & ASUS MX34VQ but those are 2 years old now.

The XG35VQ is the last great hope for people with a Vega card currently looking to upgrade to an Ultrawide. If ASUS has refined and somehow implemented the panel better than the 35" Gsync equivalents then this is an instant buy for me. Just waiting on the tftcentral review now.

Soldato
And since when have top of the line Ultrawide gaming monitors ever been cheap? We didn't even have Ultrawide s a few years ago...

It can't be underestimate just how much anticipation there is for the XG35VQ as AMD gamers are currently severely limited for choice when it comes to good 100hz Ultrawide monitors. The last good ones were the Samsung CF791 & ASUS MX34VQ but those are 2 years old now.

The XG35VQ is the last great hope for people with a Vega card currently looking to upgrade to an Ultrawide. If ASUS has refined and somehow implemented the panel better than the 35" Gsync equivalents then this is an instant buy for me. Just waiting on the tftcentral review now.
This is in no way evidence that they are worth their price tags, which was my point.

Soldato
I think that's pretty subjective. It's a hobby after all - if you are going to enjoy a piece of tech - and you can afford it, why worry? Life's too short.
I'm not worrying. The problem is that this attitude is what keeps prices high. If people didn't given in, they couldn't keep the prices up.

Soldato
This monitor is ~$760 over here, which I think is fairly reasonable...

The first TFT I bought was a Dell 2001FP which was I remember paying around £800 for!

This is a top of the line monitor with a bunch of cool features; don't you think that's worth a premium?

Su

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom