Associate
OP
Bit of a late reply - thanks for the responses!

Going to upgrade the system in the next few weeks to a Ryzen by the looks of it. Probably along the lines of a Ryzen 2600, some 3200Mhz DDDR4 16GB Corsair ram and a B450 board to throw it all into (probably the Asus Prime as the bios looks lovely). As soon as I finalise the parts I should be good to go.

Good thing is, I can sell my i3570k, my Dominator Platinum ram and my motherboard for a decent whack. I've worked it out and, if my parts sell fine (which they always do due to keeping boxes), I can upgrade for £150.

Woo!

Associate
OP
All sorted. I'm used to working with automotive paint and high temperature/durable applications (worked on my own cars quite a bit), so it's all good here. They're still going strong.

Associate
OP
Had a fan fail - the top mounted Scythe Typhoon. Was gutted as these are exceptional fans!

Decided to mount the radiator for the AIO onto one of the front 120mm's instead (pull config) and mount two 140mm's to the top of the case as an exhaust.

Temps are the same, which is great.

OHfFrH2l.jpg

Also the computer now lives in its own room rather than in the bedroom!

iR8bt8Rl.jpg

Qk6uIRll.jpg

Bosh.

Associate
OP
Thanks!

Ish. Though those games are still played, I jump back and fourth other titles too, as well as doing heavy VFX work (I'm a VFX artist/lecturer by trade), so the multiple threads is quite important here, hence the pending CPU upgrade as mine is still only 4 cores 4 threads.

Back
Top Bottom