First watercooling build

Soldato
Hey WantoN,

Thanks for your reply, it's very helpful, specially for a newbie like me in watercooling :D

1. After reading a lot of reviews about the Rajintek Asterion, it will be a no for me.
-> Front fans have no access to fresh air (not great for the Radiator/fans)
-> Window tint pretty dark

So I might go for the MSI Sekira 500. I very like the design, and it seems there is plenty of space for the watercooling/radiators :-]

2. Fan control : I think it's a great idea, I will have a look for this.

3. I was kind of scared with EK, because I tried to compare corsair/EK, I saw few thread about leaking with EK :confused:

4. For the tube/fluid, yeah I was more thinking to go with hard-line tubes and a coloured fluid :rolleyes: If already I make a water-cooling, I would like something very aesthetic.. Otherwise I will probably think about the Corsair h150i (simple and cheaper ? but I dunno in term of performance)

5. In general, how much will cost a good water-cooling ? I was thinking around £400, £500 ?

Welcome mate. Lots of people on here much more knowledgeable than me :)

1. Buying the right case is important, especially if you don't want to be modifying it. I currently have the Meshify C specifically because of the intake.

The cases recommended above are all good. Airflow, rad space, pump and reservoir mounting as well as drive space are all important.

2. Planning is key for a build. Check things like the controller or individual channels can handle the current of the fans you're connecting. Make sure you have enough channels etc

3. Most of my kit has been EK at one point or another, I've never had a problem. Their support, and that of OCUK, is great.

Watercooling isn't precise, people make mistakes, things happen, and yes parts can be faulty, from any manufacturer.

4. That's very much an individual thing fella. Plenty of people here will swear blind that coloured fluid makes no difference. Others will only run clear, or distilled. Totally up to you.

5. It's a good starting point for watercooling gear. You could spend less, especially second hand (I always build from the MM and save considerable dosh). You could also spend three times that much just as easily.

I'd say if you include a high end case you'll struggle to keep to that budget, but it depends how price savvy you are. For example; an aquacomputer reservoir with borosilicate glass, fill level sensor, nanocoating, usb output etc will set you back north of £100, but you can pick up a serviceable reservoir for £20 new. Depends on what you want out of it.

Back
Top Bottom