Fishing - Anybody doing any ?

Soldato
Boat McBoatface :) looking forward to getting out and trying this. Small and light setup for pollack and cod wrecking :)
FBD765ED-AD0E-4C13-AE31-516360C933BB.jpeg

Man of Honour
i got given some lures on the OcUK Secret Santa so il be looking forward to getting out in the spring/summer and flick them about in the surf :)

Associate
i got given some lures on the OcUK Secret Santa so il be looking forward to getting out in the spring/summer and flick them about in the surf :)
I bought a load from ali express a lot of copies and they are excellent, i have the originals and the copies, the copies fish just as good.

Soldato
I have some plastics but need to gets some additions along with some jigs. Oh and some leads that are 16oz! Probably some 5,?6 & 8oz.

Associate
Only managed to get out once last year (and blanked) so will try and get out on some more boat trips this year.

Also want to give fly fishing a go - just need to find some spots in surrey, sussex or kent where I can get some tuition.

Associate
I had a 8 hour session out of Whitby in November, weather was kind to us.
I had 16 fish in total, mainly cod, couple of wrasse and a Ling......all filleted in my freeezer.

Going again with work at the end of April for a bit of wreck fishing further out; looking forward to it.

I am usually a coarse fisherman, but enjoy all types of fishing tbf.

Associate
Just bought a decent condition used Daiwa SLOSH20 reel for £50, not realising the winder is on the RHS......I am a leftie.
Schoolboy error, great little reel so I can live with it if I have to.

Associate
Just bought a decent condition used Daiwa SLOSH20 reel for £50, not realising the winder is on the RHS......I am a leftie.
Schoolboy error, great little reel so I can live with it if I have to.
Awesome reels, love mine ,i have 2 never had any trouble with them, bullet proof :D

Soldato
Thinking of buying a Penn Warfare, any feedback on them?
Only want to spend around £50 on a reel tbh, as I am new to sea fishing and will only go probably 3 times per year.

I assume for boat trips? It would work - I've destroyed a similar Fladen reel with Conger hence the heavier reel.

A Shimano Charter or TLD would last years.. although a little more. Tried & tested. Slosh is also another, and the Penns too to be honest. Secondhand may give you a good bargain.

Associate
Yeah I have just got into boat trips out of Whitby - only an hours drive from where I live.
I have bought the Warfare.
I used the boats tackle the odd time I went last year, was ok but all the reels were RHS that did my head in.

Booked another trip out in April, looking forward to it.....I just need to buy the rest of the tackle now.

Soldato
Funny you mention skate..

Come to the conclusion my Ug Stik 20lb boat road is a USA made rod and is therefore 20lb USA rated.. which explains why it can lift a 5Kg dumbell at 90deg and not break. Compared to a 15lb line rating thickness or a 50lb rod that can't lift 4kg. Handles tope nicely without batting an eye. The only other reference I've found is this 177lb skate pick (although I think the link doesn't work now) on the same 20lb rod!

Originally the Purefishing article was here: http://www.eu.purefishing.com/blogs...hakespeare-ugly-stick-helps-land-a-big-skate/ although it seems only internet caching now has it.

Soldato
Pay review came this week in after a hellish year; add to that it was on offer for £116.. (~£150-180 originally) bought a rod that I wanted for years - Diawa Saltist Braid Special 12/20lb.
It will have a similar build to my little jigging rod - braid only and slim, but will bend well for braid unlike the ug stick.

Back
Top Bottom