Five-year-old boy banned from church playgroup because he likes to wear princess dresses.

Soldato
"She said: 'Georgina's son is still allowed to attend Buzz Children's Club but has been asked to wear clothing of the gender stated on his registration form"

wtf! This makes absolutely no sense. They shouldn't be letting girls wear trousers to the playgroup, by that logic.

Depends on ones definition of 'gender' man; it's a ridiculously complex concept that is utterly hellish to try and write about.

Soldato
As a young lad, I once insisted on wearing a dress like my sisters. My parents were amused and allowed it this one, and of course took a picture to remind me when I was much older. There after I was told I needed to wear boys clothes. That, in my view (sans the photo taking to show future girlfriends) is entirely normal. The parents in this story, are not.

Soldato
Wow! the state of the mother. I say 5* parenting tbh. I think its great they are letting him be who he wants to be. whether or not that is actually what he wants to be when he is older is another thing

Associate
Ha, ha, I don't believe it. That's my old school. Used to be run by the nuns when I went there. I'm not sure some of them weren't actually blokes in dresses...

Soldato
Well there is far too little information there to really form a sensible opinion bar a few things. Irrespective of whether the kid or the mum is driving this then the kid should not be wearing high heels and using hair straighteners at that age tbh. Now if a lad wants to wear a dress who cares - if it is his choice. That we can't discern without a lot more detail however we can see that high heel shoes isn't exactly going to encourage the best bone development in his feet.

Caporegime
Goodness grief... any parent who thinks it's ok to let their 5-year old cross-dress in public, and especially at religious-based playgroups, needs their heads checking.

Allowing him 100 dress and 8 pairs of heeled shoes is also a sure sign of to what a ****ed up stage they have let this get to, and it's clear that it has been heavily influenced by his mother.

Poor kid, I forsee much emotional and psychological scarring in his future before he has even had a chance to really develop and make his own choices.

Soldato
I would wager if a poster on here said I've got a 5 year old girl and she loves Iron Man and Captain America and she dresses up as Darth Maul then most of the people knocking this kid would be saying "Wow cool daughter!".

(I have a 3 yr old girl like that and whilst I wouldn't take her to a church group in the first place if they refused her because she was wearing her Darth Vadar costume I'd tell her to force choke the narrow-minded fools)

Soldato
Normally I would say there's nothing wrong here, but being a male who wishes to be female is completely different to being a male who wants to be male and just walk around in womens clothing lol, this type of silliness should be discouraged in him before it becomes a cemented aspect of his personality or else he will grow up wierd.

Soldato
It's funny. We view it as perfectly acceptable for girls to have short hair and wear clothes traditionally associated with males, or play with an Action Man/superhero figure (and so we should), yet everyone seems to go mental if a boy wears a dress or so much as looks at a Barbie...

In this case, the number of dresses is probably excessive, but as long as this isn't preventing the children being properly provided for, I see no real issue. The bigger problem is probably the use of high heels at such a young age, and whether that's really good for their development. I'd be interested to see how the other children in the group actually react to this, to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom