flashed at 80+ mph

Soldato
A friend of mine recently passed his bike test and has a very heavy throttle hand, today on a stretch of motorway reduced to a 30 zone for road works he got flashed doing 80. i know its his own fault for being a tit and i told him so but he asked a question i couldnt answer so i thought i would ask you guys, the mobile camera van that flashed him was on the left side of the road with its arse facing the direction he was coming from, how would this pick him up if the number plate is on the back of the bike and none are preasent on the front?

Just curious really as i couldnt figure it out when he asked me the same question!

Bar

Bar

Soldato
A lot of the vans also have cameras pointing forwards so that they can catch the plate on the rear of the bike.

Soldato
I take it you've never seen a post by Dolph on speed cameras. He will be here shortly...

From your tone, it seems that you've never actually read one of his posts on speed cameras. He'd be the first to advocate speed cameras where they're actually needed, such as schools, roadworks etc.

Soldato
He'll only 'lose' his licence if they do him for something other than the SP50 offence (which is definitely possible at that kind of speed), if it's just an SP50 the maximum penalty, and probably what he'd get, is a 56 day ban,

If however they do him for dangerous driving then yeah, he could well lose his licence...

Oh, and he's an idiot btw :p

Back
Top Bottom