Flat earth brigade - I have no words

Associate
They can get that picture and prove us wrong anytime they want, but who'd want a picture of the edge of the Earth really? All you'd see is a giant turtle and four elephants.

Man of Honour
flatearth2.jpg

Man of Honour
You reckon, they guy is a just a copy and paste from wilki much like castiel :D

Can you point out where in wiki it refers to the interpretations of the first sentence of Genesis, specifically the two plural forms in Hebrew? It has two plural forms - one form for specifically 2 and another for more than 2. In fact, can you point out where on wikipedia you think I copied and pasted from? Perhaps you're more familiar with wikipedia than I am.

I looked on Wikipedia for one thing - whether or not there were any other scholars who arrived at a similar dating to Usher - because I didn't know that myself.

I read things and I watch things and I have done so for decades. It is possible for a person to know a bit about some things. Wikipedia is not the only place where knowledge exists. For example, my knowledge about the plural forms in Hebrew comes from Metatron's channel on Youtube. He's a professional linguist who's fluent in 13 languages including Hebrew. I watched a video he made on linguistics and religion a while back. I'll find it for you...

It's 21 minutes long. You may prefer to search wikipedia and paste stuff without learning anything. It's certainly quicker to do that than to learn anything, but I prefer the latter. Each to their own.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You reckon, they guy is a just a copy and paste from wilki much like castiel :D

What???

Angilion just made a well thought out/well presented post that was pretty informative tbh...

Castiel on the other hand would tend to break someone's post apart into about 20-30 sections and pick a fight over each bit, then just ignore stuff and focus on some of the other bits he'd multi quoted if it turned out he was wrong.

Associate
Boggles the mind with these people I have no idea why they consider everything which clearly proves the world is round is fake or such. Have any of these people actually been on a plane before?. Theirs literally millions of memes because of these flat earthers and they just wont accept the truth. They kind of remind me of alien abductees the ones who basically refuse to believe any factual evidence and even when they are proven to be making it up they simply continue the goof.

Man of Honour
[An "answer" from a flat earther]

That "answer" from the flat earther was a lot of words to say nothing. The only bit that made sense was "follow the money". I don't know how much money can be made from peddling flat earthism, but I'm sure it's more than can be made from acknowledging that the Earth is a sphere (strictly speaking an oblate spheroid, but it's very close to being a sphere) since there's no money at all in that.

Soldato
Can you point out where in wiki it refers to the interpretations of the first sentence of Genesis, specifically the two plural forms in Hebrew? It has two plural forms - one form for specifically 2 and another for more than 2. In fact, can you point out where on wikipedia you think I copied and pasted from? Perhaps you're more familiar with wikipedia than I am.

I looked on Wikipedia for one thing - whether or not there were any other scholars who arrived at a similar dating to Usher - because I didn't know that myself.

I read things and I watch things and I have done so for decades. It is possible for a person to know a bit about some things. Wikipedia is not the only place where knowledge exists. For example, my knowledge about the plural forms in Hebrew comes from Metatron's channel on Youtube. He's a professional linguist who's fluent in 13 languages including Hebrew. I watched a video he made on linguistics and religion a while back. I'll find it for you...

It's 21 minutes long. You may prefer to search wikipedia and paste stuff without learning anything. It's certainly quicker to do that than to learn anything, but I prefer the latter. Each to their own.

I tend to drift off on your posts, maybe it's my education i dunno, walls of text is not the way, maybe go to deep, as soon a discussion comes up your here walls of text again i find it a drain,again it could be my caveman brain lol, i like posts to be engaging not lost :)

Man of Honour
I tend to drift off on your posts, maybe it's my education i dunno, walls of text is not the way, maybe go to deep, as soon a discussion comes up your here walls of text again i find it a drain,again it could be my caveman brain lol, i like posts to be engaging not lost :)

Different strokes for different folks and all that. My definition for "wall of text" would require thousands of words. If it fits on one 1920x1080 screen in a small font, it's not a wall of text to me. That would require a few screenfuls of text. Also from my point of view it's impossible for me to go too deep on anything because I don't know enough about anything to go too deep on it. I'm a superficial generalist when it comes to knowledge. A little bit of this, a little bit of that, just a tiny scratch on quite a lot of surfaces.

To me, a handful of words is rarely engaging. Amusing, possibly, but hardly ever engaging. It's just not enough text to have enough content to be interesting. It's too superficial even for my superficialness (is that a real word?).

I've been reading every bit of text I've seen for nearly 50 years now. I vaguely recall my mother teaching me to read when I was very young and what a wonder I thought it was. A form of magic, in a sense - someone else's thoughts to my mind through some lines, marks on a page with no intrinsic meaning. It's almost like scribing a magic scroll with a spell in runes. Or maybe I've read too much fantasy :) So it's not surprising that I find reading easier than many people do and thus have a higher limit for "too much text" - I've just had more practice at it. Most things are easier with more practice.

It does cause me problems at times, e.g. I once saw a woman with runes tattooed on her. I was studying them and trying to decide if they were Elder Futhark (Futhorc? I forget, so I'll look it up...it's Futhark). She thought I was staring at her boobs. That sort of thing can lead to misunderstandings. She probably wouldn't have been all that pleased if I'd told her the blunt truth - I thought her boobs were nothing special and her tattoos were far more interesting to me. It's like the famous film star who said to women he was doing sex scenes with "I apologise if I get an erection and I apologise if I don't". Either way could be taken badly.

Man of Honour
A few more paragraphs would help though angillion on a phone its easy to lose your place in a 3 inch block

It's in paragraphs on my screen. Small paragraphs from my point of view because I'm cutting it up more than I think is right and I'm not going into any depth on anything. I'm not used to using a very small screen, though. Even in the early 1980s I was using a far bigger screen than many people use today - I had a 12 inch screen for my ZX-81. So it's true that I'm not formatting my posts for very small screens.

Yeah, I'm one of the weirdoes who doesn't use a "phone" that's actually a pocket computer that has a phone app and works (albeit not particularly well) as a phone. It's a bit odd - when I was a boy I would have thought such a thing was awesome, better than anything in sci-fi, but now they actually exist for real I've no interest in them. A screen that's far too small and always smeared with rotting organic slurry (touchscreens always are, it's inherent in them) and powered by batteries that never last long enough. Most people I know usually carry batteries around so they have batteries to charge the batteries on their "phone". Batteryception! Also, the blathering about "free" stuff that you pay £x a month for bugs me, as does the harsh caps on internet use. I've had unlimited net use for a long time and I've come to expect it. Being rationed to a few GB per month just doesn't appeal.

Caporegime
It's in paragraphs on my screen. Small paragraphs from my point of view because I'm cutting it up more than I think is right and I'm not going into any depth on anything. I'm not used to using a very small screen, though. Even in the early 1980s I was using a far bigger screen than many people use today - I had a 12 inch screen for my ZX-81. So it's true that I'm not formatting my posts for very small screens.

Yeah, I'm one of the weirdoes who doesn't use a "phone" that's actually a pocket computer that has a phone app and works (albeit not particularly well) as a phone. It's a bit odd - when I was a boy I would have thought such a thing was awesome, better than anything in sci-fi, but now they actually exist for real I've no interest in them. A screen that's far too small and always smeared with rotting organic slurry (touchscreens always are, it's inherent in them) and powered by batteries that never last long enough. Most people I know usually carry batteries around so they have batteries to charge the batteries on their "phone". Batteryception! Also, the blathering about "free" stuff that you pay £x a month for bugs me, as does the harsh caps on internet use. I've had unlimited net use for a long time and I've come to expect it. Being rationed to a few GB per month just doesn't appeal.

I've always had note phones till I got the s7 edge. Nice and big but I have an ancient contract that has true unlimited data which is great no they days usage is generally 60-100gb lol.

I have to buy my own phone now though as they refuse to let me upgrade without changing contract.

It' funny when they try and sell a new contract to me and the sales people always end up saying "Yeah tbh there' nothing we can do that' close to what you have dont blame you"

Soldato
It does cause me problems at times, e.g. I once saw a woman with runes tattooed on her. I was studying them and trying to decide if they were Elder Futhark (Futhorc? I forget, so I'll look it up...it's Futhark). She thought I was staring at her boobs.

lmfao. honest officer, i was trying to decode her runes.
nice try mate.

Back
Top Bottom